Kenmore Elite HE3t stopping at C5 of diagnostic test

dag331

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Thought I had fixed my "FH" error code but surprise! It came back. I have now replaced the flow meter & water intake valve and I have cleaned out the trap below and the rinse hoses (which I thought solved the problem before). It appears as though it is draining fine but the "FH" error code came back and the usual cycle of pressing the pause cancel button and then start, had to be gone through to get through that load. I think I have pretty much exhausted the common fixes I have seen here and in other areas of the web- when I run the diagnostic test, the machine stops at C5 and just continues to revolve- it is my understanding that it is supposed to fill with water at that point and that the water intake valve should kick in and allow that to happen. But nothing happens and it is just "stuck" at C5. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
First do you have floodsafe fill hoses connected to your washer? If so, they will not work on front-load washers and will cause this problem, If not read below.

Ok, do you have the tech data sheet in front of you? Look at C:05 and it tells you what that checks, on my tech data sheet I have on this model it says:

C:05: Heater (if present on this model) is switched ON. Drum rotates clockwise at wash speed.
If there is not enough water in the tub, the water inlet valve will be switched ON to achieve the minimum water volume.

So apparently there was not enough water in the tub and when it tried to switch ON the water valve no water entered the tub.

So what you need to do is test both HOT and COLD solenoids for 120 volts at the water inlet valve when its in C:05

If you do get 120 volts, then your water inlet valve is defective. If you don't get 120 volts then your CCU is defective.

Here's the CCU(microcomputer) for your model:
Main Control Board 8182215 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy.

Jake