• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Elite HE4 dryer - Model #110.95088401 - won’t start

segk3

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I only get 3 quick beeps when pressing start. I can select any of the dryer cycles and make changes to temp, time, and sound, but only get 3 quick beeps when pressing start. The first couple of times I unplugged it and tried again I would get a PF error. I had the Machine Control Board serviced and the PF error code went away but I still have the same issue.

Diagnostic code = 49 - all lights turn on/off on the control panel but the dryer doesn't beep when opening/shutting the door. The light does go on/off. Tested the door switch, and replaced it, without any change. Thermal fuse tests ok. Also tried bypassing the thermal fuse by taping the wires together but still have the same problem.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Check your broken belt switch, and make sure your belt didn't break.

If the drum belt breaks the dryer will not start either, because there is a broken belt switch that your idler pulley activates.

So if your door switch ohm tests good, check your drum belt next, if the drum belt is good, Check the broken belt switch for continuity.

Here's the drum belt for your model:
661570V Belt

Here's the broken belt switch for your model:
279782 Broken Belt Switch Kit

There is a video included in the part link to show you how to access it.

Let us know what you find.

Jake

segk3

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. Yes, I've checked both of these and they are ok. Forgot to mention it in my summary.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I don't have the tech. data sheet for this model, but all dryers come with one, yours should be underneath the top panel or at the bottom of your dryer taped to the inside right side cabinet wall.

You should see something like this:
WON’T START CYCLE
WHEN START BUTTON IS
PRESSED.

Then it will give you one or two TESTS to run.

Jake

segk3

Premium Member
Yes, I've gone through it several times without any luck. You cover most the tests in your posts.
A couple of things I can't figure out:
1. Diagnostic error code 49 isn't defined anywhere - either in the tech data sheet or online.
2. Motor Circuit Test calls for testing via the Blue and White Orange wires and also the other Blue and Black/Violet wires but there aren't white/orange or black/violet wires going to/coming off of the motor.

I mentioned the Door Switch doesn't beep when opening/closing the door. The tech data sheets says to replace the machine control electronics if I verified the Door Switch and it's wiring harness are ok - which I have.
Do you think this is reasonable?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that only leaves the control board as the culprit. You say it was serviced? By Whom?

These control boards have been discontinued by the factory.

Jake

segk3

Premium Member
Circuit Board Medics
The tech data sheet only calls for 1 test with the board - to measure resistance across P1-3 & P1-4 which I did and it checked out ok. If there are any other tests to run to confirm/eliminate the control board I'm all ears.
I'm hesitant to buy a new board given the costs when I should probably bite the bullet and roll that money into a new dryer.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, The power comes out of the board for the motor at Neutral ( P1-3 ) and line ( P1-4 ).

Power coming into the board but not out these would indicate a bad board.

Use your multimeter to check for 120 volts coming out P1-3 and P1-4 on the control board when you start the dryer.

Unfortunately, You can't buy a new board, that don't make them anymore: WP8546219

Jake

segk3

Premium Member
Hey Jake - sorry for the late reply. I tested the board as suggested and didn't get power coming out. We ended up finding a similar dryer in great condition for less than it would cost to replace the board. I appreciate all the help and guidance with this.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Thanks for the update!

Jake