FIXED Kenmore Elite ice not dispensing through door - Auger motor location

Status
Not open for further replies.

fugazi

Premium Member
Ok, test it with ice and see if it still turns, having a load on it will verify if the auger motor is good or not.

Jake
Ok, it's not turning at all now that there's ice in the bucket. Taking off the bucket and pressing the dispenser, I notice the shaft does not turn at all anymore. When I did get it to turn, I did notice it was kind of slow so perhaps it is the motor afterall?

fugazi

Premium Member
Just replaced the motor and the dispenser now works! Thanks everyone, appreciate it!

r/
Bryan

muaiii

Premium Member
Ice Maker

I have been working on Kenmore and Whirlpool products for 30yrs. But not on this model (106.x) I have one of them and the large cube will still dump Ice into a glass. But when you try to crush the ice, nothing happens. Is that motor a dual direction motor? Works one way for cube and reverses for crushed? I have cleaned everything and this is the only thing I could come up with? So if this is the case, a motor replacement is required, even though the cube action works.... your thoughts???
thanks
Morris Allen
Level II Engineer

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

muaiii

Premium Member
Thank guys... On the road now, but will check it and let u know.
Morris Allen

randalln

Premium Member
Hi guys. I'm having basically the same problem, but with a different model #. My Kenmore Elite is about 3.5 years old and is model # 10657703701. Water works perfectly; ice makes perfectly; ice will not dispense; ice trap door opens, but motor never turns. I checked voltage to the motor, and have 6.7 volts dc on the respective leads when pressing pad for cubed and for crushed. I am still unsure as to whether I have a motor problem (6.7 volts seems pretty light) or a control board problem. Some expert insight would be most appreciated, and the appropriate part number for the culprit would be appreciated as well. Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
We have had 2 members report having the voltage at about 7 volts DC and they replaced the auger motor on both of their refrigerators and that fixed it.

So I'd order the auger motor.

Here's the auger motor for your model you can order:
Whirlpool 2252130 Dispenser Motor - AppliancePartsPros.com

Its fairly easy to replace, its located inside your freezer door with the freezer door open look down about 3 shelves, then you will see 2 screws that sit just below that 2nd or 3rd shelf. Just take that cover off and you will see it mounted in there, then the 4 screws that mounts it, then remove it, there will be a metal rod that connects to the top of it, just install the new motor with that metal rod in the same place. And remove the electrical connector from the old one to the new one.

Now some models you have to do access the auger motor from the front dispenser:
The screws that I had to remove were actually on the outside of the freezer door. I removed the drip pan which slides out for cleaning, then removed the two screws behind it. That allowed the front panel to slide off. Then I just removed the four screws holding the motor in place. Before you can remove the motor, you have to open the freezer, take the ice holder out and remove the 2 screws holding the turning mechanism in place. One you do that, you have to remove all of those parts including the long metal pole which is inserted into the motor.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help, keep us posted.

Jake

muaiii

Premium Member
Is there a common that I need to goto to check the voltage on pin 1 and 2? or check the voltage on pin 1 and 2 at the same time? What should the voltage be(ac or dc)? Can you tell me the best way for me to access the board? I am just trying to make sure that the issue is with the board before having to buy a new one. Not trying to sound like a novice but I am just not familiar with this model Kenmore.

Thanks
Morris

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No common, just put your meter probes on pin 1 and 2 at the same time, should be about 12-14 dc volts.

To access the board you would need to unsnap(use a flathead screwdriver in the 2 little slots underneath the bottom frame piece to unsnap it) your front dispenser frame#23 here:
(click to enlarge)
K0703009-00008.jpg

Jake

muaiii

Premium Member
Thanks I will give it a try. But if it doesn't show those voltages then we definitely know it is the board right?

Status
Not open for further replies.