• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore Elite ice not dispensing through door - Auger motor location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Exactly, but if it shows about 7 volts then its the motor thats bad from what the other 2 members said.

Jake

muaiii

Premium Member
When I pulled the board I found the master plug that is a 12 pin plug. On one side it has the colors tan, Grey, DarkBlue, BlueBlack, BlueBlack, white. on the other side of the plug it has Purple, whiteblue, Brownwhite, orangeblue that is looped around a redwhite. I am assuming that this is where I test the voltage however how do I know where pin 1 and 2 are?
Thanks Morris

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No Morris, you test it at the auger motor, thats where you find pins 1 and 2.

Access the auger motor from the front dispenser:
The screws that I had to remove were actually on the outside of the freezer door. I removed the drip pan which slides out for cleaning, then removed the two screws behind it. That allowed the front panel to slide off. Then I just removed the four screws holding the motor in place. Before you can remove the motor, you have to open the freezer, take the ice holder out and remove the 2 screws holding the turning mechanism in place. One you do that, you have to remove all of those parts including the long metal pole which is inserted into the motor.

Jake

muaiii

Premium Member
My bad.. when you sent me the diagram, I thought the pins were on the board. Not the Motor. I will test that tomorrow and let you know.
thanks
Morris

randalln

Premium Member
Repaired

Hi guys, I just thought I'd bring the board up-to-date on my experience. I rec'd the motor today. It literally only took about 30 minute to replace the motor (new style). This completely solved my problem! Thanks Jake!! I really didn't think it was a bad motor, but obviously I was mistaken.

One thing to keep in mind...be careful removing the outermost trim panel. I felt like I could get it off without removing the door handle. Well, I did get it off, but I cracked the upper right retaining clip of the white panel in the process. Now the trim isn't held quite flush against the door in that upper right corner. Its not really a big deal, but now I wish I'd just taken the time to remove the door handle. That would've made it relatively to simply lift the trim panel while pulling away from the door. Oh well, live and learn.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Morris, glad the new auger motor fixed it.:)

Jake

muaiii

Premium Member
One more question for you. My name is Jeremy. I am Morris's son. he is on some strong meds right now due to an accident he had so I am trying to help out and find out the information to see if it is the board or the motor that is blown in the refridgerator. I do have some knowledge of appliances from what he has taught me. I understand about the teardown from the front of the door to get to the board as well as how to pull the motor out of the door itself. I know that there is a plug on the bottom of the motor that you can access from the inside of the freezer door. On that plug itself is that where you test the voltage for pin 1 & 2? if so how do I know which ones are the correct pins, are the pins 1&2 the only pins that are right next to each other? Or is there another test point on the motor that I need to test it at while it is plugged in from the bottom? If so where and which pin is one and 1 & 2 I apologize that you are having to break it down to such a simple level but I just want to make sure that I understand everything correctly.
Thanks
Jeremy

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, on the plug to the auger motor, it should be marked 1 and 2 either on the motor itself or on the connector.

Make sure you push-in on the ice dispenser when testing for DC volts on pins 1 and 2.

Jake

muaiii

Premium Member
Using a Fluke meter I checked the DC voltage on the 2 pins that were sided by side. And when I pushed in the cubed ice dispenser the meter read 147.3 DC and when I swapped it over to the crushed ice side the meter read 0.000 DC. I read it was supposed to read 12 - 14 VDC. and I am not seeing that. I am not sure what this means or really where to go from here.

Thanks
Jeremy

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I think you have a typo, where it should be 14.7VDC? Instead of 147VDC?

Then its the auger motor at any rate.

Here's the auger motor for your model you can order:
Whirlpool 2252130 Dispenser Motor - AppliancePartsPros.com

365 day full refund, less shipping, return policy if you install it and it doesn't fix it.

Jake

muaiii

Premium Member
I have a Fluke auto sensing meter and when I had it set to DC voltage and had the motor plugged up and activated the ice despenser on the door I was reading 147.3 not 14.7 because I did it multiple times just to ensure that I was not misreading the meter. That way I wouldn't do a typo. And if you say it is the motor then that is the way we will go.. We just want to make sure before we go that route.
Thanks
Jeremy

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
muaiii, do you have the tech sheet for your refrigerator that shows the wiring diagram? If so, can you post it here? Can you also repost your model number. I believe your model has an electronic control by the compressor. Is that correct?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Jeremy, another member had about that same DC volts reading and he replaced the same exact auger motor as yours and it fixed his.

Jake

muaiii

Premium Member
This was a replacement refridgerater that sears had brought out to us to replace the one that had blown up. So we didn't get much paperwork with it. It is a Kenmore Elite.. Kenmore Coldspot 106.58169703 is the model number.

Thanks
Jeremy

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

muaiii

Premium Member
Jeremy Here...

I got the new motor in tonight that you guys told me to order. My question is? Before I tear everything apart, can I plug in the power cable to the new motor and try cube and crushed and see if the new motor work? Or do I need to install it completely, in order to test the new motor out?
thanks
Jeremy

muaiii

Premium Member
Well I came to that conclusion as well, but unfortunately I am still only able to get cubed ice and not the crushed ice to dispense. So we are back to thinking that the problem lies in the board, correct? Is theree any other area that there could be a problem? If we go ahead and get the board does that come with the front panel switches as well or would we have to get that assembly seperate?
Thanks
Jeremy

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you install the new auger motor first before you came to that conclusion?

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.