FIXED Kenmore Elite ice not dispensing through door - Auger motor location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodallg

I have the same problem listed in this thread, my model is 106.5872980. I have removes the front cover and don't see the 4 screws that hold in the auger motor. Looks like I may need to remove the inner cover that is held on by 5 screws to get to the motor. I removed the 5 screws but the cover is stuck on pretty good. I assume I'm correct that the motor is under this cover, can you confirm this for me.
Thank you

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Remove the ice container from the door. Remove the two screws from the motor housing at the bottom and remove the cover. Disconnect the harness connector from the motor and remove the four screws from the motor bracket. Allow the motor to drop down and pull the hex shaft from the motor.

holder

Premium Member
I'm having a similar problem with my Kenmore side by side model 106.45423801. The motor appears to be working--when I remove the bin the metal piece underneath the bin rotates. I can also turn the metal rod in the bin by hand. However when I replace the bin the metal rod in the bin does not turn. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem might be? I should note that the circular metal piece on the bottom of the ice bin seems loose.

Last edited:

rickgburton

Staff member

bygjmzr

Premium Member
I hope this thread is still active.

I've got the problem of ice not dispensing as mentioned above. Refig is a Kitchenaid KSRG25FKSS04. The auger motor (Whirlpool part #2188869) does not run. I have looked for numbers on the motor and on the plug. Not there. I tried to measure for voltage across the brown/white and the red/white wire and get nothing with and without the dispenser depressed. ( had the door switch closed also.) With the motor removed I tried to turn it but it will not turn, I don't know if it has some kind of electrical lock to prevent it from turning.

I removed the front dispenser cover to check out a possible switch trouble but don't have a clue which one or where it is.

Thank you in advance.
Barry

rickgburton

Staff member
Remove ice bucket, tape emitter back, tape door switch closed. Check for either +115 VDC or -115 VDC (Depending on cubed/crushed) at the R/W wire and BR/W wire.

bygjmzr

Premium Member
I found a whirlpool maint. document (R-92). Checked between pins 3 and 5 and between 1 and 2. Looking for 115vdc. Not getting 115v but motor started working. Did not sound strong, Put empty bucket back in and motor will not run.

Radar696

I have this same problem, it's a Kenmore Elite mod. #106.52292100.
It's an old one, MFG date is 2001, 06.

I'm unsure on how to remove the trim pieces above and below the door handle.
Since I'm thinking that the pins are broke for the ice dispensing switch.
I want to make sure that I have clear access to remove the ice & water dispensing panel.

Radar

rickgburton

Staff member
You won't need to remove any trim pieces to be able to remove the fountain assembly if that's what you're trying to do.
(click to enlarge)
P0211112-00008.jpg

holder

Premium Member
Similar Problem

I have a similar problem with my Kenmore Elite side by side model 106.45423801. It makes ice but it will not dispense it. I have tried to troubleshoot the problem and have discovered that with no ice in the bin the auger will turn it both directions (for both cubed and crushed ice). However, with ice in the bin the auger will not turn. I saw a previous post wherein you had indicated this was likely indicative of a bad auger motor. Would you know what the part number is for my particular model? Also, could it be something else. I read something about a part that pushes the ice out but don't know if that applies to my model. Thanks. Holder

holder

Premium Member
I received and replaced the auger motor today and it still will not dispense ice. The auger turns until you put ice in the bin and then it hums but will not turn. Any other ideas as to what it might be? Thanks.

holder

Premium Member
Yes the auger motor hums the ice door opens the light comes on but the auger will not turn although it will move slightly. It is almost as though it gets stuck but there is nothing for it to get stuck on that I can see.

Jimbo107

Premium Member
I created a thread earlier before I found this thread. Maybe a mod could delete it? I am having the exact same problem as Holder is above. Kenmore model # 106.58033800.

Auger motor turns when the ice bin is empty. When it is full with ice it will not turn.

Jimbo107

Premium Member
Ok Kenmore model # 106.58033800

Auger motor is working and auger does spin when empty. Doesn't seem to have the power to actually crush the ice. I have been able to get it working a couple of times but the auger eventually stops spinning.

Help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.