• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Elite Model #796.41029900 No Power

ELP441

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
The other day we bought a 2nd hand washer dryer combo & while the dryer works great, we knew that the washer had a problem that they never got fixed a year or 2 ago & that's okay. It is a Kenmore Elite front loading washing machine & there is no power to it at all - we plugged it in & pushed the power button on the front & nothing at all, no lights or chimes. I did do some research on the internet & found on YouTube, instructions from a few people on how to reset the computer in it but none of that worked - still dead. Is the main PCB gone or is there something else perhaps? The ones we got them off said that a year or so ago, they were quoted a price of $127 (Canadian) to repair the problem but they never got it fixed as they wanted a different colour machine so it has sat there. We really would like to get this machine working as our old machine is getting tired & it is of course a mate to the dryer that we also got off them. Any help from someone more knowledgeable on washers & dryers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, your main control board is malfunctioning.

Here's the main control board for your model:
EBR62545107 Pcb Assembly,main

Unfortunately it's been discontinued. Hope you can get your money back for the washer only.:)

Jake

ELP441

Premium Member
Thank you very much for getting back to me Jake & it's too bad that the part has been discontinued at the company of the link you shared, but I did do a search of the part number & did find a few sites that have & sell them, so there is a little bit of hope there lol. As for getting our money back on the washer, we really didn't pay anything for it as we were in need of a dryer but the people are in the process of selling their house & wanted to have them gone, so they said to take the washer as it wasn't working anyway & we decided to take a shot. Like I said, the dryer works perfectly & we are happy with it & will still look at possibly getting a new control board & go from there :)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, you can buy a control board if you can find one.:)

Jake

ELP441

Premium Member
Jake, I got the control board today and installed it in the washing machine and it now has power BUT it is showing an error code. I looked in the manual and it says that it is a control error. I tried the solution that the manual says to do but still gives me the same error code. This may be a dumb question, but does it need to be hooked up to the water hoses in order for it to work properly and clear any error codes? It's in our heated garage right now as we want to get it working before putting it in the laundry room. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your previous help!

20200214_163107.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's a good question, I'm not really sure though, hopefully another tech can shed some light on this.

Jake