Kenmore Elite or KitchenAid?

asmith

Premium Member
I am replacing the refrigerator, dishwasher, 30" gas cooktop, 27" wall oven and microwave in my house. I am trying to decide between Kenmore Elite and KitchenAid. I wanted to buy all of the same brand if possible. All appliances will be stainless steel. The refrigerator will be a french door style.

A lot of the Kenmore appliances are relatively new to the market and don't have many reviews. I have read a lot of negative reviews about the KitchenAid refrigerators regarding the ice makers and door on the left side. I have also read some negative reviews about the KitchenAid wall ovens. There are also lots of complaints about the magnetron in the Whirlpool microwaves. I know KitchenAid is made by Whirlpool and was wondering if the same problem occurred in both. The reviews for the Kenmore Elite microwaves were good.

Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Sears doesn't make anything. The first numbers before the decimal in the model number will tell you who made it. Example: 106.xxxxxxx 110.xxxxxxx=Whirlpool 253.xxxxxxx=Frigidaire 362.xxxxxxxx-GE 795.xxxxxxx=LG

asmith

Premium Member
Thanks for the help. I will use those numbers to find out who makes each Kenmore item and look at those reviews.

I also learned Kenmore dishwashers are made by Bosch and Whirlpool. A prefix of 630 = Bosch and a prefix of 665 = Whirlpool.