• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore Elite Range 970c670430 Bake element replacement part number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laethageal

Premium Member
Model Number
970c670430
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello,

Our Kenmore range recently stopped heating as it should during the bake pre-heating. Heating to 350 would take almost an hour while it was taking 10 minutes before.
Opened the back of the range, confirmed there was 240v to the Broil and bake element, 120v to the convection element.
Tested the broil and convection element resistance just fine (, but the bake seems dead at 0 ohm.

I did find it weird that during the cycle, it went from 240v to bake and 0v to broil (12 seconds) to 50v to bake and 240v for 35 seconds. Shouldn't it be a straight 0 during the broil part of the cycle, or is it acting up because the bake element is dead?

Anyway, I've been trying to find the right bake element for it and the manual doesn't state the element model number so I had to rely on internet search. Seems like all Kenmore part store cannot find my model number. Anyone knows how to find the right element?

Many thanks!

*corrected model number*

Attachments

• 20211121_113130.jpg
    20211121_113130.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 20211121_122136.jpg
    20211121_122136.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited by a moderator:

Laethageal

Premium Member
I couldn't find anything with my model number, but scrollings thru hundreds of bake element picture, I found 2 which looks similar. Anyone knows if they would be compatible if I reused the 2 metal guide from my old element?

searspartsdirect.com/product/2b0neq4hrx-0022-628/id-316563600

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
You will definitely have to reuse the metal pan and supports unless you want to buy those too. They are separate parts.

I do not know if that is the recommend part for your model. A lot of Canadian Kenmore products are not listed online.

Your range was made by Frigidaire Canada for Sears. Try contacting Frigidaire Canada and ask them to look up what part you model uses. Once you get the part number you can shop around for a replacement.

Dan O.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Alternately, you could look on the element for numbering. The voltage and wattage will be on there somewhere. The part number may also.

prod_13730922029-rating.jpg

If not on the mounting plate it may be pressed into the element itself, often near the mounting plate. Examine the element surface.

Dan O.

Laethageal

Premium Member
There was no number marked anywhere on the mounting plate and I couldn't find any on the element itself, so I resorted to calling Frigidaire Canada. I called 10 minutes after opening, waited for someone for 40 minutes and when I asked the employee, I got put on hold so she could find the right document. I then got hung up onto after another 20 minutes of wait time.
Fed up with this company's poor service, I tried a random repair shop, who gave me the item number in 30 seconds.
Bottom line, avoid Frigidaire customer service :ROFLMAO:

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Why don't you post the number in case someone else comes to the forums looking?

Unfortunately a lot of Canadian Sears customers are in a similar boat. Kenmore products were made by a myriad of different manufacturers. You're at least lucky yours was a North American manufacturer and not from off shore.

Dan O.

Laethageal

Premium Member
Sure!

It was the Frigidaire part I had found earlier but wouldn't buy simply because the form was looking similar ;)

searspartsdirect.com/product/2b0neq4hrx-0022-628/id-316563600

Status
Not open for further replies.