• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore Elite Refrigerator 111.73035910 Freezer Cold, Fresh Food Warm

lrodgers

Premium Member
John - I think we got a real lemon in 111.73035910. I'm really regretting this purchase. My ice maker just recently stopped working after I fixed my fan issue.

I least have an extended warranty from Sears -- but what's the point if the replacement parts are in perpetual backorder or will simply fail again after another 12 months?!
You are so right. Real LEMON! Our icemaker never worked and now the freezer is not keeping ice cream frozen set at -8. Feel like it is just a matter of time before the refrigerator stops cooling properly.

lrodgers

Premium Member
Sorry to hear that. I have not connected the ice maker on my fridge due to the fridge issues but now that you tell me that I think I will avoid that completely. As a rule of thumb, consumers should avoid Kenmore right? I hear that Whirlpool and GE are the best in the industry. Just for future reference when I purchase my next fridge.
Avoid Samsung, too. Same issues as this Kenmore.

acuhon

Premium Member
I'm another victim of this lemon. Freezer works fine and refrigerator is not cold . When I replaced the evaporator fan no change. If I reverse the fan blade the bottom of the fridge is at 0 and top at 50 degree. Old motherboard was reading wrong temperatures, but there is no difference with new board when it reads correctly. Thanks to everybody who posted valuable info .

acuhon

Premium Member
It looks like the air flow is wrong way. What could be the problem? There is no ice problem and fans are working.

cripeandco

Premium Member
Hello. I have had similar problems as you all here with the same model. Icemaker quits working, and fridge gets warm. I took the bottom drawers out and the back interior panel off and it was full of ice. The motor on the upper left wasn't moving and seemed stuck. After defrosting with a hair dryer, it all worked fine. Two weeks later I'm back where we started. From what I'm seeing replacing the motor has fixed most of the issues? Is the ice buildup due to the fan freezing and not moving air? Or is it a defrosting issue. I will say the freezer has had frost build up more than normal from day one.
Thanks for any of your help. I'm looking at buying the motor Dale Vaughn recommended on amazon.
amazon.com/gp/product/B07WD7RMVZ
His review is first on the list.

cripeandco

Premium Member
Where would you like me to upload the service manual? I've attached it below.
Could you attach the last few pages with the parts manual on it? The online manuals are hard to read. I am having similar issues. Fridge is warm and icemaker will not work. The fan that circulates air in the freezer seems to be working. I ordered a new motor off amazon Dale Vaughn recommended.
Hoping this fixes it. I had removed the inside back panel and defrosted ice 3 weeks ago and it worked again until a couple days ago. Any suggestions i would appreciate.
Thanks!