• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Elite Refrigerator 795.72489.411 water dispenser not working

fjfagergren

Premium Member
Well, I have not eliminated the filter assembly as the possible problem of our water dispenser not working. this leaves only the panel in the door behind the dispenser or the wiring at the hinge above, as suggested by one repairman.

My challenge now is figuring out how to access that Sub pcb board. The dispenser assembly must pull off but I haven't found any diagrams, videos, or suggestions on how to "pry" it open - start from the bottom, sides or top and what kind of a tool will allow that to occur without damaging the face of the door?

If anyone has accessed that board or can provide any suggestions, I would be most grateful.

Another question: If that board is ok and the wiring is damaged at the hinge - they do sell the door as a unit but it is not clear if that sub-pcb would be included? The description I found for purchasing the door was not very clear on what would be included.

Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

fjfagergren

Premium Member
Once again, Jake, Thank you for the help. I saw that set of pictures but looking at the cover and how tight it fits, I was worried about getting a hold of the bottom edge without some type of tool. I'll give it a try. All the best!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help, yes keep us posted.:)

Merry Christmas!

Jake

fjfagergren

Premium Member
Well, now I have another challenge. Somewhere I have a slow leak from inside the left door panel which holds all the water dispenser system for the ice and water. I find a small amount of water sitting on the shelf immediately inside the left door when it is opened.

I've double checked the three water lines and made sure they are each pushed as far as possible into their quick release fittings (I've experienced leaks from such a location previously and fixed it easily). Since my system currently only is providing water to the ice machine portion, the leak stops when I turn off the ice machine. This suggests to me that the leak occurs when the small water tank is being refilled and occurs in the bottom left corner of that compartment.

I've opened that area when I've found water on the inside of the fridge but since the leak is not continuous and is slow, I don't catch it when it is occurring. I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a product or method I might use on the water lines and fittings that could be applied and then when I checked the system would show where the lead is occurring. I recall a product used on measuring sticks to see if there was water in a gasoline tank which would change colors when water was in the gasoline. Is there something like that which could be placed on the water lines and connections and thus would show me where the problem might be? Thanks. Merry Christmas!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very odd that you find it on the door shelf, if the leak was IN the door it should be coming down from the outer door panel.

I have no clue about that, sorry.

Hopefully another tech or member that's seen this before can shed some light on it.

Jake

fjfagergren

Premium Member
Sorry Jake, I've probably not described things very well. I've attached a couple of pictures. The first picture shows the "shelf" inside the fridge that I meant was where the water appears. This picture shows a small drop of water in the lower right hand corner of the glass sliding lid. The second picture shows that same entire area. The third picture shows a portion of the door. The water leaves from behind that compartment at the left edge of the door and drops onto the glass when the door is closed. The fourth picture shows inside the compartment - the white water line coming into quick push connection, into the filter housing and up into the reservoir tank. When I open this compartment and try to keep it level, it will appear that some of the water is on the small shelf just above my small finger, almost below the quick push connection between the white water line and the filter housing. There is a small rubber gasket on that push connection where it is inserted into the filter housing and I've wondered if that gasket might need to be replaced. I guess the water could also be coming along the white water line but I do not feel water along that line.

I'm familiar with water leak detection paste used with gasoline and wondered about putting some on the white water line and/or that push connection to see if the color would change and give me a sense of where the water is coming from.

I hope I've clarified my previous attempt to describe the location.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20211221_103502.jpg
    20211221_103502.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 10
  • 20211221_103507.jpg
    20211221_103507.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20211221_103518.jpg
    20211221_103518.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20211221_104933.jpg
    20211221_104933.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 8

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I see now, thanks for clarifying that.(y)

I'm familiar with water leak detection paste used with gasoline and wondered about putting some on the white water line and/or that push connection to see if the color would change and give me a sense of where the water is coming from
You can try it and see if you want.

Jake