• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore Elite Refrigerator 795.74023412 not dispensing water

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallywimple

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
This refrigerator sat for a couple of years. I bought a water filter bypass to eliminate that filter. No water coming out of inlet valve with tubing disconnected at valve, when depressing the paddle at dispenser. Replaced valve and water comes out there, but not at dispenser.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, its usually the water inlet valve in the left refrigerator door that's the culprit.

This one is the water inlet valve in your left refrigerator door: Water Inlet Valve AJU74532703

This video shows you how to access it:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

wallywimple

Premium Member
I removed that valve set and put water in the inlet and hot wired each valve and the water fell through, so the valves are good. That tank is full of water.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Then you must have a broken or loose wire connection coming into the door, that's all it can be.

Check your wire connections coming into the door.

Jake

wallywimple

Premium Member
The valve in the door was not getting 120vac. I checked the main board and found CON3 had been unplugged. I assume by the guy that replaced the compressor poorly. I got this fridge for free from a woman who was fed up. She said it had been worked on and didn't do anything for a week, so she posted to come and get it. The service tech had kinked the suction line, big time. I replaced that line and it runs fine. So now I have water at the dispenser and water in the ice maker. Thank you for your time.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The valve in the door was not getting 120vac. I checked the main board and found CON3 had been unplugged. I assume by the guy that replaced the compressor poorly.
Excellent, good find.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.