• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Elite Refrigerator 795.77579600 Water In Fridge

paulsfixit

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
French Doors w/freezer on bottom.

Getting water underneath left side fridge drawer, which eventually freezes. Doesn't occur when icemaker is shut off. I removed the inner access panel at the inside bottom of the left side door, where the solenoid and coiled up supply tubing resides, no evidence of leaking there. The underside of the lowermost shelf on the left side door is wet, but no evidence of wet above that shelf. Also have slight water/icing at the two ice room air duct gaskets (4987JA3025H).

The house uses a swamp cooler and has an inside water "feature" - is it possible that we're dealing with condensation?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Getting water underneath left side fridge drawer, which eventually freezes. Doesn't occur when icemaker is shut off.
The house uses a swamp cooler and has an inside water "feature" - is it possible that we're dealing with condensation?
Well, if it doesn't occur with the ice maker off, then it does not sound like condensation to me.

I'd check for a water leak when the ice maker fills with water.

Here's the ice maker for your model:
EAU60943434 Ice Maker Assembly

Jake

paulsfixit

Premium Member
If there were a leak with the ice maker, it would have to be up top, where the water connects to it - but there's no evidence of water up above the lowest shelf on the left hand side.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm just going by what you said, which is when the ice maker is off, this water in fridge problem does not happen.

Jake

paulsfixit

Premium Member
Does turning off the icemaker stop the flow of cold air through the ice room air ducts? Reason I ask, is that the manual says that if the icemaker is shut off, the cubes may melt.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Reason I ask, is that the manual says that if the icemaker is shut off, the cubes may melt.
Really? I have never heard that before. Upload your manual so I can see that too. Tell me what page it says that on.

Jake

paulsfixit

Premium Member
Here's a pic:
IMG_0998.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Oh wait, it says in the ICE BIN--->The ice can melt and leak onto the floor.

I thought you meant in the ice maker tray the ice could melt. LOL

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, but the ice is made in the ice maker tray.

You may want to have Sears come out at 1-800-469-4663 to see why this is happening, I have not run into this problem as of yet, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Paul, sounds good.

Jake