Kenmore (Frigidaire) Dual Fuel Range, Model 790.46812992

gerbobpaul

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello Jake, back again, w/ new problem..

This time Kenmore (Frigidaire) Dual Fuel Range, Model 790.46812992, SN NF03818122. The Electronic Oven Control (EOC) is throwing an "F1" fault code. I believe the EOC needs to be replaced (this will be the second time since we bought in 2001. Do you agree? or is there a possibility the problem could be the "RTD" sensor probe, per the Service Data Sheet? The unit is NOT over-heating...

Assuming you agree the EOC is the likely suspect, can you give me the basics on how to disassemble/assemble the front panel to get to the EOC, or point me to where in can find those instructions?

I found the replacement part on AppliancePartsPros.com @ $271; just want your opinion and instructions before I order the part... Thanks, Bob

P.S. From our prior blog, my Frig/Icemaker working just fine since we fixed this past Jan...

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Bob,

Glad your Ice maker is still working great.:)

The Sears site is down tonight for maintenance, I'll get with you in the morning on the EOC.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Bob,

#20 here is your EOC:
http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/P0050378-00001.png

On this model, its abit more of a job to access the EOC, you'll need to pull your range out and unscrew the console screws, which you may need to unscrew the upper top side panels as well, its been about 5 years since I changed one on this model, I remember it was quite the job.

Turn the breaker off to your range first.

Here's the EOC for your model:
Oven Control Board 318019901 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Jake

gerbobpaul

Premium Member
Thanks Jake for info... Before I order a $300 part I can't install myself, I'll make an "exploratory" attempt first, to make sure I can at least get to the bad unit, with the assumption I'll be able to install the new unit if/when I order/get it... Will advise; thanks again, Bob

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good Bob.

Jake