FIXED Kenmore gas dryer 110.92836100 no heat

jeepgal98

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
My Kenmore gas dryer (110.92836100) tumbles, but no heat. It's been getting less efficient over time but now there's no heat at all. I tried to do a search to figure out what to do, but I'm lost. Any advice is greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!

jeepgal98

Premium Member
I don't know how to delete the thread, but I took the fuse out and it's blown. So hoping that's all that it is! Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good find.:)

Thanks for the update!

Here's the thermal fuse for your model in case others need it too:
WP3390719 Thermal Fuse (disposable, One Time Fuse)

The main reason the thermal fuse blows is air flow restrictions in your exhaust hose that goes to the outside of your home, lint build-up over the years effects the air flow, also go outside and check your dryer vent, that can clog up too.

Jake

jeepgal98

Premium Member
Thanks Jake! I picked up the part today. I also took apart the dryer and vacuumed it all out. But I found this random part at the bottom and not sure where it goes?? Any thoughts??

Thank you! I love this forum. My daughter and I were talking about all the appliances I have fixed and how empowering the internet is!

Excellent, good find.:)

Thanks for the update!

Here's the thermal fuse for your model in case others need it too:
WP3390719 Thermal Fuse (disposable, One Time Fuse)

The main reason the thermal fuse blows is air flow restrictions in your exhaust hose that goes to the outside of your home, lint build-up over the years effects the air flow, also go outside and check your dryer vent, that can clog up too.

Jake

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't recognize that part being any parts of your dryer.:)

Thanks for your nice compliment of our forums here. We enjoy helping people fix their own appliances.:)

Jake

jeepgal98

Premium Member
The dryer was heating when I first put everything back together. But it only lasted maybe 10-15 minutes and now it's just blowing room temp air. :( I checked the air flow and it's clear. Why would the heat turn off?

Last edited:

jeepgal98

Premium Member
I just checked the gas valve and flame sensor for continuity too and they all read the appropriate readings (according to the service tech troubleshooting paper I have for the dryer).

Not sure what else to check at this point?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
When you first start the dryer does it heat fine for 10-15 minutes then after that no heat at all?

If that's the case, then your gas coils are bad too.

Here's the gas coil kit for your model you can order here:
279834 Dryer Gas Valve Coil Kit

Jake

jeepgal98

Premium Member
I had checked them and they had the correct ohms. So I just threw a load in for 60 minutes and they were dry. Hopefully, it was just the thermal fuse I replaced. 🤞🏼 For now, it seems to be working fully again.

Thanks for all your help!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The gas coils can ohm test good, but still be physically sticking per the solenoids and not firing the gas after the first heat up.:)

Keep a eye on it if its working ok for now, to see if it acts up again.

Jake

jeepgal98

Premium Member
Thanks Jake!! I did watch it for 10 minutes and it fired and turned off intermittently every 2 minutes. But if it starts to not dry again, I'll take a look at it again. Thank you so much for your help! Have a great day!