Kenmore Gas Dryer Problem

ptlmchuck107

Premium Member
imported post

After reading some of the posts I'm starting to rethink buying all Kenmore appliances from Sears! Here's my problem. I press the start switch to the dryer and it begins to spin. As soon as I take my finger off of the switch it shuts off. I rigged a contraption to hold the start button down just to see if it would run normally. It drys the clothes as good as the day I bought it. I stopped by at a local appliance repair place and ran the problem past them. The sales rep spoke to a mechanic and he thinks that it might be a problem with the motor. I'm not a mechanical genius, so before I open up my checkbook I'd like some opinions. I already ordered a new starter fron Sears in hopes that might be a quick and cheap fix. But knowing my luck it won't! The dryer is only two and a half years old (model #110.73942100) Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
imported post

If you get a chance, let us know what you find/see :)

jeff.

NoTalent

Premium Member
imported post

jeff1 wrote:
If you get a chance, let us know what you find/see :)

jeff.
Oh don't hold down that button! That seems like what burned out my evenheat card (see my pics in my thread)

I have another one coming in the mail and should be here at the end of the week. I'll keep everyone informed in my other thread of what happens.