• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore HE3 Elite - after pressing start it clicks but doesn't start

Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a Kenmore Elite HE3 gas dryer, model 110.c92822101
The dryer will not start. There is power to the dryer because the light turns on. I can choose a drying setting, but nothing happens when I hit the start button except for a clicking noise and a beep. There are no codes that appear in the display that would indicate a certain problem needs to be addressed. When I pick a setting the check lint light flashes. Then when I hit the start button it clicks and a beep sounds (it is the beep the machine makes when you always hit start). The lint light then stops flashing, but the machine will not start. The drying time still appears and the timer counts down, but it won't do anything else. When I hit cancel or pause it clears the time, but then it does the same thing as before when I chose a drying selection and try to start it. I have cleaned out the lint screen, took off the toe panel and blower cover and vacuumed out all the lint. The outside vent was checked and is clear. I have replaced the thermal fuse and the thermistor. IT STILL WILL NOT START. Please help me!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
First check the door switch with an multimeter(UNPLUG YOUR DRYER FIRST). Should have continuity(0-1 ohm) between white wire and blue wire when switch is pushed in.

Here is the online repair manual for the Whirlpool Duet/Kenmore HE3 dryer:
http://www.applianceblog.com/manuals/Duetdry.pdf
Give it time to download. Page 4-6 tells you how to access it. You can print it out as well.

Here's the door switch for your model you can order:

Door Switch Assembly 8283288 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

If the door switch tests good, then the control board is bad.

Here's the control board for your model you can order here:
Manufacturer part number 8546219 is RepairClinic item number 1060737

Jake