Kenmore is running with no heat!!

lovesro2004

Premium Member
imported post

My Kenmore Dryer is running with no heat. I have tried cleaning out all of the lint and checked/tested the breakers several times with no success. Sears wants $50 to come out and just look at it (even though I bought it from them). Any ideas of either what I can try next to solve the problem on my own, or someone I can call here in Central Florida that would at least come out and look at it for free?

Tim Shea

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
imported post

Hi,

**My Kenmore Dryer **

Kenmore is made by a few different companies....model#?

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html

Some model# helps.

**My Kenmore Dryer is running with no heat. I have tried cleaning out all of the lint and checked/tested the breakers several times with no success**

Since you mentioned breakers....electric?

A copy:

http://www.applianceaid.com/test_with_ohmmeter.html

Testing with an ohm meter checking on a dryer....

**or someone I can call here in Central Florida that would at least come out and look at it for free?**

Sorry, I know of no one that doesn't have to pay for the vehicle/gas/insurance/maintenance/repair parts/tools required to come out for free.

jeff.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
imported post

lovesro2004 wrote:
or someone I can call here in Central Florida that would at least come out and look at it for free?
There are companies that offer a "FREE" service charge *with repair* but the service charge costs will be built into the final price and you won't end up saving anything at all.

Unfortunately, there are costs involved in providing service (see the following link) and everyone would like to get paid when they work? I doubt you'll find anyone anywhere in the country willing to work for free and even loose money in the process.

LINK > Appliance411: The Cost of Home Service

Any ideas of what I can try next to solve the problem
There are lots of things which can cause a 'no heat' condition in an electric dryer (if that's what you have). You can read about them at the following link. I don't know what your mechanical or diagnostic abilities are but each possibility would have to be tested for one at a time until the cause in your case is found.

LINK > Can anybody tell me the most likely scenarios for lack of heat in an electric dryer?

JMO

Dan O.
Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

lovesro2004

Premium Member
imported post

Thanks a bunch to both of you for your helpful topics and such. When I get some time tonight I am going to address some of them.

Tim

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
imported post

If you get a chance, let us know what you find/see :)

jeff.