• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

FIXED Kenmore microwave has lights, blower and touchpad, but not heating and turntable not working

Jim Cherryq

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Well I haven't fixed too many microwaves, so I'm in the dark on this one. The microwave in one of our rentals guit working. The touch panel works, light goes on and the blower works. The unit doesn't heat and the turntable doesn't work. What should I check? I replaced this unit in 2013.

Thanks, Jim

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Jim Cherryq

Premium Member
Just a followup on the microwave repair. I ordered the latch board and switch assembly and then opened up the microwave. The switches all ohmed out fine, but I noticed that one of the connectors to a switch was a little corroded. I cleaned up the connector, and put it back together. I was surprised to see the machine worked fine after that. Thanks for your help Jeff.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Thankx for the update :)

jeff.