• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

kenmore microwave/oven combo mod# 911.41475690

edarnold

Premium Member
imported post

the microwave stops after pressing start, sometimes right away, sometimes after 2 minutes, sometimes never.

The microwave and oven share a control panel to the right of the microwave door and this seems to eliminate the chance of just replacing the microwave.

Should i try to have it repaired?

Any advice?

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
imported post

edarnold wrote:
Should i try to have it repaired?
If you want to use it, I would guess so.

Finding a replacement for an older built-in appliance is not always too easy.

BTW. That model was made for Sears by GE. If Sears isn't convenient to call, one of GE's factory authorized service depots might be a good choice to call.

JMO

Dan O.
Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site
=D~~~~~~

edarnold

Premium Member
imported post

Thanks Dan

I am getting a message on the display, "E 01", when the oven stops; also sometimes when it starts it make a buzzing sound.

The problem is very intermittent, although it is becoming more frequent.

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
imported post

edarnold wrote:
I am getting a message on the display, "E 01", when the oven stops;
I'm afraid I don't know what that would indicate on your model. You may need to check the 'tech sheet' would should be with the appliance's wiring diagram. On built-in and wall ovens, that information is usually rolled up inside the control panel.

The problem is very intermittent, although it is becoming more frequent.
Intermittent problems are often the hardest to isolate (although once you find out what the fault code means, it may not be difficult). Sometimes an appliance just has to be used until the failure is consistent. In the mean time, don't leave the appliance unattended while in use just in case.

JMO

Dan O.
Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site
=D~~~~~~