• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore Model 253.7924470 (2007) Ice Maker spouting water

Status
Not open for further replies.

MO-2-AZ

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Help! I know this is a "more mature" refrigerator, but I'm trying desperately to help my elderly mom not have to replace her fridge that otherwise is working just fine.

Recently, the ice maker has been developing "icebergs" in the bottom of the bucket. We were able to see that when the ice has been ejected into the bucket and the water refills the tray that there is spouting over the protective cup area. We noticed that there was snow at the back of the freezer at one point but have resolved that. Now there are frozen rivulets of ice down the back of the freezer under the ice maker, pooling in the floor of the freezer and making a sheet of ice. We have removed that, and rinsed out the "cup" area under the water inlet to remove any ice buildup there, but it's still spouting.

There is also water collecting in the refrigerator and we've determined it's dripping out of the back of the refrigerator control at the very back where it's mounted on the ceiling of the refrigerator. We've managed to keep it from going all over the top shelves by placing a plastic container under the dripping area.

Is this something that can easily be fixed without a service tech? Please???

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I see that.

You have a ice blockage in the fill cup.

Remove the ice maker and clear that fill cup out with hot water and that will fix it.

Here's the ice maker for your model
241798231 Ice Maker

When you click the ice maker part link you will see a Video of how to remove and replace it.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

MO-2-AZ

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. We tried one last ditch effort before having to remove the ice maker. We "syringed" out the fill cup again with hot water, and it seems to be working like a dream now. Hoping it will stay that way, but I'm sure glad to have your help in case it happens again.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @MO-2-AZ glad to hear that's all it was.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.