• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Model 795.71099.111 French Door Refrigerator/Double Freezer Drawer Not Cooling in Either Compartment.

Kurt C

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Good afternoon gals and gents,

I have a Kenmore refrigerator/freezer combo unit which is not cooling to any degree at all. When power is supplied, the lights in both compartments illuminate and the control panel on the front door is powered. I adjusted the freezer temp to 1 degree and the refrigerator temp to 35 degrees two days ago but, as of today, neither is cooling to their commanded temps. Both are sitting at room temperature.

I removed the rear panel and, when power is supplied, I found that the compressor is running and the condenser fan is running. The condenser coils were badly gunked up with lint/debri so I cleaned the entire compartment out well and attempted operation again. No joy. The signs I'm seeing here are suggesting that there may be a sealed system issue but I am not seeing any points of leakage and, it seems the unit is a bit new for a clog/restriction.

I'm wondering if there might not be an issue in the temperature control circuit? I removed another back panel to find a circuit board. Not being totally computer savvy, I'm not totally sure how to proceed with diagnosis.

Any info or help anyone here can provide is appreciated.

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Kurt,

If the compressor is running and you are getting no cooling whatsoever, That indicates a typical sealed system problem.

The sealed system consists of the compressor, condenser, evaporator, heat exchanger, filter/drier and refrigerant. Common problems with a sealed system are bad compressors, refrigerant leaks, and system restrictions.

Sealed system repair costs will often exceed the machines value especially if its over 10 years old.

Jake

Kurt C

Premium Member
Thanks Jake!,

I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I did a little more digging into the unit and I would have to agree. I think we're going to go ahead and scrap this project.

Thanks again!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help Kurt!

Jake

dashriprok

Appliance Tech
Your refrigerator is built by LG. It's likely that your compressor is bad as the common failure mode on LG compressors is that they run but don't pump the refrigerant.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.