FIXED Kenmore model 796.40272900 error OE

JoeyD

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
My washing machine is stopping mid cycle displaying an OE error.

Is there an error codes list for the Kenmore model washing machines?

This machine has been pretty steady for a while. I am hoping this isn't the beginning of the end with this machine.

Thanks,

Joey D.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Joey,

Error Code OE=Drain Error

If you're getting an OE error code and you can drain ALL the water out through the bottom rubber hose and filter screen is clean, your drain pump has gone bad and will need to be replaced, or you have a foreign object in the drain pump impeller binding it up from turning.

Here's the drain pump for your model:
Drain Pump 4681EA2001T

Watch this video to access it: LG/Kenmore Front Load Washer Pump Motor

Let us know what you find.

Jake

JoeyD

Premium Member
Hi Jake- the screen was so fully packed with fur from our Weimaraner that it was letting no water through to drain. I opened the drain port up, and half flooded the mud room. We ran probably 8 loads of laundry right after I cleared that muck out (actually taught my son to find and clean an OE issue).

Regarding the IE- that is still intermittent. I think eventually it will fail. Or I was thinking it could have been that the supply water wasn't high enough, so I opened the supply valve 100% full. I thought I responded to that one. I will go back and look at that. The other think with the IE error- I noticed that when the washer was calling for water, it sound like a valve was hammering open/close. That could be because the supply valve wasn't completely open.

This is a good washing machine.

I always appreciate how you guys have helped all of us out.

Joseph

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Joey, glad that's all it was.

Thanks for the update!

Jake