• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Pro 790.34913510- Low Flame, new install, new reg.

Gomueda

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Purchased a “new” 36” gas top range from Sears store that was going out of biz. Installed and ignition is sparking but not lighting, flames around all burners are inconsistent, faint smell of uncombusted natural gas, “flipped” plastic piece in regulator from lp to natural gas, zero change, installed brand new regulator today, no change. All orifices appeared to be clean. Accredited repairman came out, he thought it might be the regulator but I’ve checked that from the list. My fear is the gas pressure itself (my boiler is working fine), the manifold or one of the lines has an issue?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
You should call Sears customer service and set up a warranty service call. Everything is covered for the first year. Doesn't matter where it was purchased. If you attempt a repair you risk losing your warranty.

Gomueda

Premium Member
Unfortunately I’m beyond the year time frame, called them right away. I am remodeling my home and bought the unit early because it was a good deal.

Gomueda

Premium Member
Silly question but are there standards on how quickly a given volume of water should boil based on BTU’s? Understand this would vary with elevation. Thanks