• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Range Model No. 79073433314 Oven not heating

N.Mcd

Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I am having an issue identifying what is wrong with my Kenmore Range. The model no. is 79073433314. The other day I went to turn on my oven to preheat and there is no heat or sound that there is gas being sent to the oven. I do have propane...first thing I checked, but I am struggling to understanding which oven parts I will need to fix it. I looked on a website called partswarehouse.com for my range part numbers and there is a oven range burner igniter there's also and range oven gas valve or burner part. I am just confused as to what parts I will need given that there does not seem to be any gas coming into the oven. The stove top works just fine. Anyone know what the issue might be?

Thanks in advance.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
When you turn the oven on, the control sends 120 VAC to the igniter thru the oven safety valve. The igniter needs to draw 3.2 to 3.6 amps to open the safety valve. The igniter can glow red and still be bad. If the igniter doesn't turn on check to see if there's 120 VAC at the igniter.
C-Igniter Volts (2).jpg

If the igniter turns on and glows red but no flame is established, check the igniter amp draw

C-Igniter Amps.jpg

frigidaire-ignitor-5304509706-ap6230715_01_l.jpg

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.