Kenmore Refrigerator 106.41153211 with non of the LED light up

richard92683

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello all ,
I already tried to replace 1 LED module at top(There are 3 total,1 in freezer and 2 in refrigerator) ,also check door switch for continuity at refrigerator side and it is good.Still the same problem .My question is what control power to those LED module ,and is there a wiring diagram available for this refrigerator? Also any recommendation to fix this .Thanks a lot in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

The wiring and tech. data sheet is part number W10714502 I can ask bigbuck if he has it.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks bigbuck!

Ok, this is very simple, voltage to AC/DC LED Module: J1-1 YL(yellow) to J1-5 WH(white) should be 120 volts AC.

Here's the refrigerator section LED light module for your model:
WPW10515058 Light

Here's the freezer section LED light module for your model: W11104452 Light

Jake

richard92683

Premium Member
I got 120v at yellow and white at connector ,already replace 2 modules(One ac/dc with 2 connectors ,and a dc single connector one which can be used for either refrigerator or freezer side .I can see very dim at leds .

My question is do i have to replace all three ,and if one dc module fail will it affect the whole LED lighting ?Will a short in wiring causing this ?Everything else running normal .Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, you shouldn't have to replace all 3.

The part number for the lower crisper LED in the refrigerator section is WPW10515057

Tell me what volts you get on the REFRIGERATOR side LED Module: J2-1(RED) to J2-2(GRAY) 11-14 Volts DC is normal.

Then, Tell me what volts you get on the FREEZER side LED Module: J2-1(GRAY) to J2-2(YELLOW/RED) 11-14 Volts DC is normal.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then the problem is the AC/DC LED Module.

I don't see the part number for that one, do you?

Please tell me the part number stamped on the AC/DC LED Module.:)

Thanks.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Richard, let us know how it goes.

Jake

Plastic55

Best blog I have read on the LED lights. The schematic helps. Since crisper and freezer are in series if I unplug the yl/rd - rd connector from ac/dc board should I see 22 to 28 vdc at the AC/DC board? Can I bench test the freezer or crisper LED with 12vdc power supply. I should be able to figure out the polarity when I test the yl/rd - rd connector. Should I put a fuse or a resistor inline when I bench test. When all is said and done would a fuse in the dc circuit prevent AC/DC board failure if one of the crisper/freezer boards go bad. If one of the DC boards are shorted it should bring the system voltage down.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Best blog I have read on the LED lights. The schematic helps. Since crisper and freezer are in series if I unplug the yl/rd - rd connector from ac/dc board should I see 22 to 28 vdc at the AC/DC board? Can I bench test the freezer or crisper LED with 12vdc power supply. I should be able to figure out the polarity when I test the yl/rd - rd connector. Should I put a fuse or a resistor inline when I bench test. When all is said and done would a fuse in the dc circuit prevent AC/DC board failure if one of the crisper/freezer boards go bad. If one of the DC boards are shorted it should bring the system voltage down.
Do you have the exact same model number 106.41153211?

If not, please start a new thread with your model number.

Jake