• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Refrigerator 106.50023211 stopped dispensing water

Negzero

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Kenmore Coldspot 106.50023211 just stopped dispensing water. Ice still works fine. How can I trouble shoot if it is either the switch in the door or the water inlet valve? If it is the switch in the door how do I gain access to it?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

On your model the water dispenser circuit goes through the defrost control board. At connector P1 Pin 2(violet wire) to connector P4(white wire) you should get 115 volts when you press the water dispenser lever.

Here's the defrost control board for your model:
WPW10366605 Defrost Control Board

There is a video in the defrost control board part link that shows you how to access it.

I'm attaching your wiring diagram below.

Jake

Attachments

• wiring-sheet-W10568358-RevB.pdf
    467 KB · Views: 47

Negzero

Premium Member
Thank you for the response. I got enough time to test it out and I’d only get 1-2 volts and intermittently get a 115.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
This model is very notorious for broken/frayed wires, where the wire harness goes into the bottom of the freezer door, that will cause no/low power problems to the water dispenser and/or auger motor.

(click to enlarge)
FREEZER DOOR - b4.jpg

--->Lots of members have found frayed and broken wires causing the auger motor or ice maker to be dead. Remove your bottom kickplate grille, Remove the black wire harness loom too, broken wires can be underneath it.

Another member was having a similar problem here: FIXED: GSF26C4EXY02 Whirlpool Gold Ice Maker Problem Look at his post #6 he found frayed and broken wires underneath the freezer door.

Here's another one with the same thing about the frayed and broken wires: FIXED: 106.51173310 Kenmore elite ice maker not working - no led light

Here's another: FIXED: Whirlpool WSF26C2EXF01 Door Icemaker Not Working

Let us know what you find.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.