• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore Refrigerator 106.62152110 Cold Spot ice in freezer floor ? What to do now ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppTedII

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
So the other day I found ice on the floor of my freezer. Pulled stuff out , chipped all ice out . In the back middle there is a plastic thing with a slit on the bottom that had ice and was dirty. cleaned that out with a butter knife a warm sponge. Got it all cleaned out . I did look at the floor of the fridge at this time and all dry down there ! Looked inside fridge next day, dry as a bone , ice cream hard as a rock !
Today ... 2 days later ice is forming again on fridge floor starting in the back. And unlike last time I have a puddle on the bottom of my fridge under crispers ! Cleaned out fridge, chipped some ice of freezer ...... NOW what ?
Send some warm water down that slit in the back of the freezer and hope it clears things up ? I do have and air compressor that has a tiny air nozzle ?
What do I do next to remedy problem ? Fridge was built 5/12 .

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

We have a rule here, before you start a new thread you must update your previous thread so we all know how you fixed it.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks for updating your previous thread.:)

For your refrigerator: Its likely the drain hole underneath the evaporator coils inside the freezer is clogged with ice and won't drain the defrost water to your drain pan.

You have to take everything out of the freezer and take the shelves out and take the ice maker out, if you have one(should be 2 screws on the top support brackets of your ice maker that you loosen, then some have 1 screw below the ice maker that you remove, then the ice maker lifts up and out, then remove the electrical connector where it connects to, its just unsnaps), then remove the back access panel #16 HERE

Then you will see your evaporator coil #5 HERE

Then the drain trough is #7 in that diagram, get a hair dryer and hot water to clear the drain trough and drain hole of ice build-up.

Once all the ice is out, try to run hot water down the defrost drain hole, also run something down the defrost drain hole, like a little rotor router snake.

I use a evaporator cooler spider snake: http://www.azpartsmaster.com/Products/Cooler-Spider-Snake__CLR4690.aspx

They are used basically in Arizona to clean out the water pump tubes that run to the cooler pads.

I don't know if they would sell them in your area, but if you go to your local hardware store, they should have something similar to run down your drain to clean it completely out.

Then pour a little bleach down the drain hole.

Unplug your refrigerator before you do all this first!

Jake

AppTedII

Premium Member
FIXED !
Did most of the above. Got hot bleach water to flow easily down pipe. Didn't have that tool.
I thought I did something wrong because refrigerator ran straight for about 20 hours ! But now all is quiet. Ice cream is rock hard, also cleared clear plastics up in the fridge. got rid of humidity !

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, good job.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.