• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Refrigerator 106.62152110 - Leak of water in to the floor of the freezer and into the Fridge

Whatley

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have the leak of water in to the floor of the freezer and into the Fridge. I understand i have a broken
seal or clogged drain tube but I can't remove the freezer shelf. I pull it to one side and the prong are still to long to remove
the shelf.

any ideas of what I can do?

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Those can be tricky to remove and reinstall. Try pushing the shelf horizontally left or right as much as you can and at the same time lift up the opposite side. Once it is lifted a little diagonally it should be able to be slide a bit more that way to clear the mounting holes on the other side. I do not believe you can damage anything that way... besides maybe bending the shelf a bit.

I do not know of any 'tricks' to removing them. If anyone knows any hopefully they will offer it.

BTW. Turn the fridge OFF or unplug it while the door is open for an extended period otherwise it may frost excessively.

Dan O.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.