• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Refrigerator 111.73025711 ice maker stopped working, 1 ice cube in 24 hours

JoeyAtlanta

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have this Kenmore Refrigerator 111.73025711 for 4 years. I left home for 3 weeks (AC turned off, not sure if it matters). and then I figured out the ice maker no longer works. (About 3 months ago the bottom freezer stopped working and I unplugged the fridge for half day and plugged it back and it started to work - believe that was the air vent got blocked.). This time, I turned it off for 2 hours and plugged it back in. After 8 hours I got 1 cube, in nice shape.

I didn't hear the sound of water pumping. I researched some people have broken pump. But as I get a cube could it be something else? I didn't touch anything - like water shutoff etc. And every other part of the fridge works normally. Tried ice maker indicator both on/off status.

Also see attached image - is this leveler supposed to be at this position? I see some tech diagrams showing this is way lower. I cannot pull it down though.

Please shed some light and thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Image_20220715123926.jpg
    Image_20220715123926.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

JoeyAtlanta

Premium Member
May get this resolved. Referred to the following video, 2:55. There is a reset button underneath the ice maker. Press and hold, found the water dispense very little. get to the back of the fridge, unplugged the water line (outside of the fridge, connecting from pump to icemaker), reset the button a few times, until water flow correctly. i think the inlet electric valve is old and need a few resets to clean it.

I will watch a few days to see if it fixes it without a problem.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Your Kenmore 111 model is made by Daewoo. Unfortunately we don't have any tech. data information on it.

Yes, let us know if that fixes it.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.