• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore Refrigerator 253.703.49419 Ice maker auger motor not running

jbedient

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a Kenmore 253.70349419 fridge, manufactured in 12/2015. The ice dispenser auger suddenly quit. Everything else works perfectly. I had a service person come out, who replaced the auger motor. That did nothing.

I started researching myself, and I found the diagnostic mode! Ran through the tests - #28, the dispenser paddle passes (the water dispenser works as it should, so I kind of knew that). Run #10, and the auger motor will run. So I figure the paddle goes into the DC side of the board, the auger motor runs out of the AC side of the board, both work in diagnostic mode, must be a problem between the two in the board, right?

I ordered a new board, put it in this afternoon, and... nothing. Still doesn't work. The paddle passes the diagnostic test, the auger motor runs when commanded by the diagnostics, but when I restore it to normal operation, nothing.

Any bright ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then you will need to contact Sears to come out at 1-800-469-4663 to see what's going on, I don't have the tech. data sheet for this model, so I can't tell you what to do next.

Jake

jbedient

Premium Member
Thanks. I suspect I will just let the ice make make ice and dump it in a container in the freezer.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks for the update, glad to hear that fixed it.(y)

Here's that User Interface, in case others need it too--->The manufacturer has replaced part number 242058244 with part number 5304527934

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.