• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore Refrigerator 795.73157610 Ice maker not filling with water

danvan61@gmail.

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Ice maker not filling with water, when I push the test switch with a paper clip the arms rotate back a bit stops and comes forward stops and returns to original position, does not do a full revolution, Water dispenses as should from door.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Its the ice maker itself that's bad, it should make a full cycle rotation.

Here's the ice maker for model you can order:
AEQ73130004 Ice Maker

Jake

danvan61@gmail.

Premium Member
I have ordered and replaced the ice maker and the same issue, Air flow is good and temp in compartment is good, Have water valve AJU72992603 on order but in looking at descriptions it looks like there is a water valve in the door, PN AJU74532701, above the ice maker?

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

danvan61@gmail.

Premium Member
Jake, Thank you for getting back to me on this. Now as I had said when I pushed the test button with a paper clip the ice machine, old one and new one, would start the cycle and roll a little towards harvest and then change directions and come back past the start point stop and then return to the start point, this has had me scratching my head.

I was getting ready to take it apart once more to get to the water valve and my wife came in asking some questions about things and I was showing her how I had good air flow by using a magnetic to open the reed switch on the door to get the fan to run and then i pushed the test switch using the paper clip so she could see the ice machine cycle not thinking I still had the magnetic holding the reed switch open for the fans to operate and what do you know, the ice machine ran through a proper cycle and filled with water at the end............

I have had one proper harvest so far and it filled back up properly, and now I wait and see if it keeps working.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I was getting ready to take it apart once more to get to the water valve and my wife came in asking some questions about things and I was showing her how I had good air flow by using a magnetic to open the reed switch on the door to get the fan to run and then i pushed the test switch using the paper clip so she could see the ice machine cycle not thinking I still had the magnetic holding the reed switch open for the fans to operate and what do you know, the ice machine ran through a proper cycle and filled with water at the end............

I have had one proper harvest so far and it filled back up properly, and now I wait and see if it keeps working.
Excellent, sounds like that was the problem, fingers crossed. 🤞

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.