• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore side by side 106.51103111 no water that is coming from the dispenser, Also no Ice will be made

zhillsx

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
When putting in my water filter I am pushing in until it clicks securely in place. After I do this there is no water that is coming from the dispenser. Also no Ice will be made. Yet when I remove the water filter, the water will flow from the dispenser . And the ice maker will work. I'm guessing the problem is with the water filter housing? or my next guess would be the cluster of water valves in the back of refrigerator need to be replaced? What is my next move .
Thanks

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
We've seen a lot of problems with water filters coming from eBay or Amazon not fitting. Is this a new filter? Is it this one?
whirlpool-filter3-single-edr3rxd1-ap5983563_01_l.jpg

zhillsx

Premium Member
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes this is a new kenmore filter that is brand new and sealed that I am using. I did buy this off of Ebay. I did notice that after the filter is pushed in all the way and doesn't work . If I pull it back about 1/8th of an inch or less it has water flow but then it will leak.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 24

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
kenmore filter that is brand new and sealed
Yep, new and sealed in a box and they don't work. lol That's an old style filter and the only people still selling them are on eBay and Amazon. Click on the link I gave you and you'll see that the EDR3RXD1 is the replacement for the 9083 (in your pic)