• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Still Not Working!!!

ptlmchuck107

Premium Member
imported post

I wrote a post back on Jan 25th about my Kenmore dryer not working. After some internet searching and a few responses,it sounded like the ever-problematic Even Heat Control board. I tried replacing the push to start switch first (thinking that might be the cheaperanswer)and that didn't work. So I bucked up and bought the new even heat control board. I plugged it in, said a prayer, and like most things I try to fix on my own, it didn't work. I'm $120 in the hole so far and ready to take it on the chin by calling in the Sears repair man. The dryer will start when I push the button, but stops when I let go. Any last minute suggestions? Prayers?

ptlmchuck107

Premium Member
imported post

Jeff, No beeps at all. I went through the test cycle and got beeps for the dryer door, timer cycles, temp controls, and push to start button.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
imported post

G'day,

A shot in the dark....bypass the motor relay ( in the consol ) by joining/taping the 2wires together to see if the motor will run....remove power first of course!

jeff.

ptlmchuck107

Premium Member
imported post

Jeff, I skipped electric 101 in college and opted for some english courses instead. I found what I think is the motor relay. It has two blue wires coming out of it and two pink ones. Is this the motor relay? And if so, do you want me to cut the pink wires and splice them together? I'm a bit shaky about that.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
imported post

Hi,

**I found what I think is the motor relay. It has two blue wires coming out of it and two pink ones. Is this the motor relay?**

Thereshould be 2 relays, one for the heat and the other for motor....follow the wires to see where they go. I don't have a diagram for your dryer so I do not know what colour wires they have used ( not to mention that I am some what colour blind ) but I have read the tech sheet in a few dryers before and most mention the pink wires are for the relay and it is the other 2 that operate the device ( motor ).

**And if so, do you want me to cut the pink wires and splice them together?**

I wouldn't cut them, ( power off first ) I'd pull them off of the relayand tape them together so they touch one another to bypass the motor relay.

jeff.

ptlmchuck107

Premium Member
imported post

Jeff, it was the motor relay. I swapped it out with the heater relay (since they are the same) and the dryer started up, and kept running. I got the idea off of a guy who recently purhased one of the control boards. He's an electrical engineer who seemed to know his stuff. Thanks for all your help.