kenmore stove lock??

kenmorerag

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
hey guys this is my first time on the forum but here goes. i have a kenmore stove modle number 665.95002102 and when i try to do the self cleaning i get an error, its E1-F5- i also tried to lock the front door by holding the light button but it does not lock. about a year ago i had the same problem and a sears guy come out and he did something to it, and it fixed it, something like resetting it or something like that, but i can't remember what he did, can anyone help?? thanks

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Some of the fault codes in the clocks where written bassacwards....

**i get an error, its E1-F5**

F5 - E1should bethe same....

F5 - E0 F5 - E1 and E2 * Check door/latch switch * Replace switch if defective

F5 - E0 F5 - E1 and E2 * Check door/latch switch * Replace component

**a sears guy come out and he did something to it, and it fixed it, something like resetting it or something like that**

Maybe shut off the power fora bit to allow the clock to reset??

Likely need to check...

Manufacturer Number W10107820 Latch motor assembly

Manufacturer Number 3196262 Door switch

jeff.

kenmorerag

Premium Member
i already tried turning off the power nothing, i think the door switch is good because when i open the door the light comes on, and by the look of that switch it has only two contacts so thats means if the ligh comes on it should work with the lock too right? ok next how do i check the latch motor assembly, its got a glas top, how to i get that off to get inside the range? next how do i check it, check the resistance right, do you know how much it should be? thanks

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
**i think the door switch is good because when i open the door the light comes on, and by the look of that switch it has only two contacts so thats means if the light comes on it should work with the lock too right?**

Correct.

**ok next how do i check the latch motor assembly**

The switch(s) can be checked for continuity ( open and/orclosed ) as per the wire diagram that comes with the range....motor can be checked to see if it is moving/binding/stalling/clicking only/etc....wires from the door latch ot the clock should be checked ( pinched, burnt, loose, etc ). Check catch and rod for binding, being bent.

**its got a glas top, how to i get that off to get inside the range?**

Don't,lock motor and switchsappears to be at the back and has a long rod going to the catch part at the front.

jeff.