Kenmore Top Load Washer 110.21292010 leaves soap on clothes and extremely wet after finished

Shuffle

Premium Member
Model
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hi Folks

I feel like I am becoming a regular here..lol We have a Kenmore top load washing machine 110.21292010 and we have been seeing a lot of soap residue on the clothes...like even if we wash them again with just water and no soap added you'd swear we ran into the Michelin man head on and the streaks were left over from the collision, to say this is driving the wife crazy would be an understatement. The Other thing we have noticed is that we are at times having to do a separate spin cycle after the washing machine is done due to the clothes being still very wet like they didnt get spun out properly, something tells me we have problems at the OK corral here

A friend of mine thought it might be the agitator dogs, I am unsure so thought I would gather some opinions from the folks that know way more about washing machines than I do, thought or ideas of what to check out are much appreciated. Thanks :)

And it looks like it doesnt even want to spin ATM, it's just sitting there doing a steady hum. I may need some couch space at someones house when the wife finds this out, momma is not going to be happy

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If momma ain't happy, no ones happy!:)

So what cycle is it in when its just sitting there and humming? Is the tub still full of water and it won't drain either? Just hums?

Jake

Shuffle

Premium Member
It was just sitting there and humming I couldnt open the lid at all to check and see what was going on since it was locked. I know the wife did clothes in it recently but it seemed to do its thing with the aforementioned soap and wetness of the clothes ) I wonder if when I moved it out of it's spot if I jostled it enough to try and find the model number if it ended up causing that hum issue.

Is there a way I could bypass the lid switch and lock to see what is going on with the agitation and spin cycle to see what is happening on that front and I guess make sure that the hum isnt a symptom of what is occurring or am I going down the wrong path to identify whats going on?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member