• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore top loader no power/locking switch broken. 110.5072010

dukefame

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello! I have an older top loader that I have repaired a number of times myself. This problem is eluding me though. My wife called yesterday reporting no lights/ no power. Power fine to the machine and to the control module (110 to both). dryer plugged into the same outlet and works so no problem with the power.

Somehow the latch on the door was broken off (found in the washer. broken but I think repairable). Any thoughts on what parts I may need? Any troubleshooting ideas? I would like to avoid just tossing parts at it. this unit has been a workhorse for us (family of 8) for years. I have no clue how the latch was broken off. perhaps a casualty of sheets getting caught on it on the way in the washer...

Any thoughts on how to proceed would be appreciated!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm attaching your tech data sheet below.

DIAGNOSTIC LED – MAIN CONTROL A troubleshooting tool has been implemented onto the main control board—a diagnostic LED.
LED ON – The Control is detecting correct incoming line voltage and the processor is functioning.
LED OFF – Control malfunction. Perform TEST #1: Main Control, page 12, to verify main control functionality.

Let us know if the LED is ON or OFF.

Here's the video that shows you how to get access inside the control panel to see the LED on the main control board: https://www.repairclinic.com/Repair...nmore-Top-Load-Washer-Disassembly-Repair-Help

Here's the lid door strike for your model you can order too(Video Included):
WPW10240513 Lid Switch Strike

Jake

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10280489.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 23

dukefame

Premium Member
Sorry for the slow reply. Out of town and busy. LED is ON. Should I proceed with the locking mechanism and switch?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member