• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore Ultra Dishwasher 665 - Dash in the display

Stacey8

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hi,

My dishwasher stopped working. The touch pad shows a red dash (-)in the digital display area. When I push the buttons, nothing happens except that the red - appears. The door had started making a loud creaking noise when I opened it, but I don't know if that would cause the dishwasher not to work. I'm assuming that there's something wrong with the touch pad (control panel). If so, is that easy to replace?

I'd appreciate any help or suggestions. Thank you!!

p.s. The complete model number is 665.15898790. It's a Kenmore Ultrawash.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

It does sound like the control panel is bad, they are not to hard to change.

Just take out the 4-6 top console screws, and go from there.

Jake

jpadgham73

Hi there, I had a similiar problem, here is what worked for me. If thre are any dishes in the dishwasher, remove them because of the sensors on this particular model, then shut off power to the unit for a few hours to reset the electronics. Just turn it back on and see what happens...may save you a $100 on a touchpad...

Good luck

Mrs. Johnson

Wow! I can't believe I found this site. This is GREAT!

Anyway, this sounds like the problems I'm having with my "Kenmore Elite Ultrawash Sensor ATC Quietguard Elite Plus." A few months ago my machine would just wig out and the digital numbers wouldn't appear. Sometimes it would work, sometimes not. Initially I thought my two-year old had reset the functions. I used to just hit cancel/drain and when it was done doing it's thing, it would work, but now it will not work then either. When I choose a wash cycle the rinse aid light comes on and nothing else happens. I've tried to reset it but I'm perplexed.

I have a dishwasher and sink full of dishes and no drinking glasses. I can't imagine having to wash them by hand, :?:D In the meantime, I've taken the dishes out and now my sink and countertop is full of dishes, lol...but how do I turn the power off? Do I do it from the fuse box or am I missing a switch on the unit itself?

HELP, HELP, HELP...Housewife in distress!

Stacey8

Premium Member
Hi,

In the case of my dishwasher, the touchpad had jammed. The service man ended up putting in a new control panel and microputer(main control board).

User Control and Display Board 3379319 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy.

Main Control Board WP8530929 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy.

To turn off the power, you would need to turn it off at the fusebox. One gal who responded to me said that her dishwasher worked again after she had turned off the power for a couple of hours. So that might be worth a try. Good luck.

-Stacey

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Stacey8 wrote:
To turn off the power, you would need to turn it off at the fusebox.
... or if the dishwasher is plugged into a regular house outlet, find that outlet and unplug its cord.

JMO

Dan O.
Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site
=D~~~~~~