• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore Ultrawash Dishwasher 665.15113K217 fills and drains but will not wash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scadaguy

Premium Member
Model Number
665.15113K217
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello,

I currently have a Kenmore Ultra wash 665.15113K217 that fills and drains but will not wash. I have checked the spray arms for clogs and they are free and clear. I am assuming here this might have something to do with the dishwasher pump and motor assembly, wanted to post this question on here for feedback before I go tearing this thing apart. The link below is to the model I am working on.

Thanks,

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

It sounds like your wash motor is starting to fail, I had two bad wash motors on this model back in September 2018 and the new wash motor fixed them both. Others here have had the same problem.

Look at post #7 here: FIXED 665.13472N411 What to check on why it only washes about 5% of the cycle.

I'd first check to see if your getting 120 volts to the wash motor when it should be in the wash cycle. His Kenmore 665 is made by Whirlpool.

Take the wire connector off the wash motor and use a multimeter to see if yours is getting 120 volts when it should be washing, if so and it's not running order the wash motor below.

Here's the wash motor assembly for your model:
W11133712 Motor-Pump

This video gives you the general idea of how to replace it:

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Actually the complete sump/wash motor assembly which includes the new wash motor already installed for you, is less expensive than just the wash motor alone.

Here it is for your model:
whirlpool-pump-motor-wpw10605059-ap6023352_01_l.jpg

Jake

Scadaguy

Premium Member
Jake,

Thank you for the recommendation, testing the unit and it is getting 120V when in the wash cycle. So It sounds like I will be ordering the complete sump/wash motor assembly. Funny how the whole assembly is cheaper than the individual part.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, if you were getting 120 volts to the wash motor and it was not running, then the wash motor is bad.

Funny how the whole assembly is cheaper than the individual part.
Yes, I agree.:)

Let us know how it goes after you replace the whole assembly.

Jake

Scadaguy

Premium Member
Well, after much ball-busting from the wife about not having a working dishwasher I finally swapped out the part today. I followed the instructions in the video you provided and I had it done in about 1 hour. Thank you guys again for the quick prognosis.

Mike

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Mike, glad to hear the new the complete sump/wash motor assembly fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.