• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Upright Freezer 253.22042410 - Not cooling at all!

S

Sarah Eppele

Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have the above listed Kenmore freezer that isn’t cooling. It was gifted to us so there’s no warranty available. We changed the evaporator fan motor but it isn’t turning at all. I also notice that the evaporator isn’t cold or frosty at all. Where would you start troubleshooting? How do I get the freezer into diagnostic mode to check the fan, etc? I can’t seem to find a service manual online at all.

S

Sarah Eppele

I should add that I can’t hear or feel the compressor running. Open the door and hold down the door switch and the evap fan doesn't run either. Warm enough to where it should run, hasn't run at all. Interior light lights, green power light on the front is on. No hum, no buzz, no nada. Went & got a multi meter and used YouTube vids to test the compressor ohms (all good). Even tried manually spinning the defrost timer with no change. What’s next?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Sarah,

Yes, temperature control thermostat sounds like its bad. Unplug your freezer then remove the bottom access panel from inside your freezer, then remove the wires that connect to it, then use your multimeter to ohm test it while its in the ON position, If the meter numbers don't change when you ohm test it, then that's the bad part.

Here's the temperature control thermostat for this model you can order:
5304513033 Control-Temperature

Let us know what you find.

Jake

S

Sarah Eppele

Well, hot damn! Looks like you’re right! Ohms & continuity both stayed at 0L on my digital multimeter.

Last edited by a moderator: