• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore washer 110.22442511 Triple action agitator won't move

Isaac04

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a Kenmore top loading washer Model 110.22442511.
The agitator will not move at all. It seems to move along with the drum in the wash cycle not independently. It does not pull clothes up and down.
Also, I hear a rhythmic electronic clicking sound from under the drum. Any ideas on what parts I need to order to repair this?
Thanks!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the tech data sheet for your model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13EInFAAf99HeIgo6JNhYxCuG3RSqZdZG/view?usp=sharing

You can get into the ACTIVATING THE SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODES and see what fault codes you get, if any.

On Page 2 of your tech. data sheet do: ACTIVATING THE SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODES

Then do FAULT CODE DISPLAY MODE on Page 3--->Then you can see what fault code/codes you are getting on Page 6 and Page 7: FAULT/ERROR CODES

Its possibly the shift actuator, splutch, or transmission. You can tilt the machine back and look underneath. Then take the belt off and turn the transmission pulley CLOCKWISE and see if it turns the agitator back and forth as you are turning it.

tilt.JPG

Jake

Isaac04

Premium Member
Hi Jake
I ran the diagnostics and there were no error codes. Everything was good. I moved the pulley wheel clockwise and it moves the whole drum and the agitator. I took apart the agitaor inside the washer and nothing appears to be stripped or broken. However the gear shaft looks rusted...is that normal?

Attachments

• washer.jpg
    washer.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 49

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
However the gear shaft looks rusted...is that normal?
No, that's not normal.

You'd need to replace the gearcase(transmission), that's why its moving the whole drum and the agitator.

Here's the gearcase(transmission) for your model: W11454372

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Anytime!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.