• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Washer 110.25132411 making a grinding noise and from checking it, not agitating

Jgtrz

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hi everyone. My washer has been making a grinding noise and from checking it, it is not agitating. However it does spin and drain. In the last few days I changed the following parts: basket driven hub kit, washer pulley kit & the actuator. After changing the hub kit last night, it started agitating and I was able to get through a full wash with no problems but then it went back to making a grinding noise and no agitating. Could it be the transmission?
I thought about changing out the wash plate as a last alternative because when I pulled out the current one the teeth looked a bit worn out. Any help is appreciated.

dashriprok

Premium Member
Yes it could be the wash plate -- I've changed quite a few of them on Whirlpool built washers and lots of them on LG washers. Teeth on washplate should be nice and sharp.

Have you tried diagnosing the machine in manual service mode? There is a booklet in a zip-lock bag on the front-left corner of the machine. You have to lift up the entire top and reach into the bag to get at the booklet. Unscrew the lid-lock strike from the lid and put washer in manual service mode. Fill washer with 6 inches of water and put washer into agitate.

Jgtrz

Premium Member
So I went back and tightened the washing plate again and now it’s working. So definitely an issue with either the wash plate or the connector. (Not sure what it’s called? ) any tips from anyone?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The wash plate has the spline on it that slides onto the transmission shaft, that is probably stripped like @dashriprok mentioned.

You'd need to order the wash plate assembly and it comes with the new spline already installed on it.

Here's the wash plate for your model you can order:
W10752285 Washplate

Jake