• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore Washer 110.26002011 wont drain or spin

AlanP64

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
So, as the title states, it will not drain and spin. It will not advance from wash mode to rinse then drain and spin. I have tried to just run it in drain and spin mode as well and no dice. I messed around with it for about 30 minutes trying to get it to work. At one point I was finally able to get it to perform a complete cycle including drain and spin. It actually did two loads. Third load, back to the issue.

I found a similar thread on here but wasn't sure if I should tag along on that one or post a new one. I ran the diagnostics and found two codes. One is F9 E1 which if I am not mistaken is "Long drain time" which makes sense seeing that the tube will not drain and start a spin cycle. The other code is an F5 E1 which I found was a lid lock error. This washer for a long time has been real glitchy on the lid lock. It will sometimes lock then unlock a few times at the start of the wash cycle.

Sometimes you have to hold down on the lid where the lock is located in order to get it to lock. I'm not an appliance guy but I tend to think that code is likely unrelated to my present issue. After that, I tried to run the different diagnostic tests.

The agitator will work in gentle and heavy. Drain and spin test wouldn't do anything. I pulled the drain hose out of the wall drain and was able to empty the tub. Then I tried high and low spin. Would not do anything. Wouldn't even try to lock the door.

A bit more information. I am deaf but all the while trying to get it to drain and spin I could feel a vibration as something was trying to run or running. I recorded a video of this and sent it to a friend. He stated, "All I can hear is a shaking or rattling sound. Sounds like a rotating rattling." That worried me about the drive motor possibly, but if that were the case, how would it agitate at all? I am wondering if the shaking and rattling is the pump since the error I am getting is related to long drain time. Sorry for being long winded, I just wanted to provide as much information as I could

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I'd first check your drain pump for a clog, I see that happen 9 out of 10 times when it won't drain or won't drain properly, or the drain pump went out.

If you find nothing in it clogging it up, use a flashlight and look inside it and see if the little impeller is stripped.

Here's the drain pump for your model:
Drain Pump WPW10276397

There is a video on how to access it in the part link.

Have a lot of big old towels handy, that water in the tub will gush out when you remove the rubber hoses to the drain pump.

Jake

AlanP64

Premium Member
Jake-Thank you for the reply. One thing though. I was able to drain the tub by taking the drain hose out of the wall drain spout and lower it flat along side the washer letting gravity take over. That being said, I wouldn't think it is clogged but maybe I am wrong. One thing I did not mention leading up to all of this. My wife had put a few pieces of dirty laundry in the washer a couple of days earlier. The next day, she noticed there was some standing water in the tub. I'm wondering/thinking if water had back-fed from the drain hose.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
One thing I did not mention leading up to all of this. My wife had put a few pieces of dirty laundry in the washer a couple of days earlier. The next day, she noticed there was some standing water in the tub. I'm wondering/thinking if water had back-fed from the drain hose.
That is possible, do you have a air gap in the drainpipe where your drain hose goes into?

Jake

AlanP64

Premium Member
Yes, it's plenty large enough for sufficient air. The washer has been in for quite a while and never had this issue. I'll tear into the pump today and see if I can find any type of clog or issue there.

AlanP64

Premium Member
In case anyone is curious to know, the pump was definitely at fault. Pulled the old one and the impeller had quite a bit of play in it. New one installed in 15 minutes and it's currently catching up on dirty laundry.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new drain pump fixed it.(y)

I've seen that on a few of my local service calls too.

Thanks for the update!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.