• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Washer 110.28002011 Clothes still wet

aboone221995

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Yesterday, I washed a load of clothes and when I went to put the clothes in the dryer, my clothes were still pretty wet. The washer did not have any visible water in the bottom, but the clothes were still pretty wet. I did an express wash and noticed the washer stayed stuck in the wash cycle and the minutes displayed never went down. Any idea on what’s going on? I checked the drain hose, and it’s not clogged.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Do a Rinse/Spin cycle only and see if it spins fast. Does the tub move freely with your hands both ways?

Here's the tech. data sheet for your model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T7PDiC8xNXosXCrRm9nioKaQAAIKb8LU/view?usp=sharing

You can get into the ACTIVATING THE SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODES and see what fault codes you get, if any.

On Page 2 of your tech. data sheet do: ACTIVATING THE SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODES

Then do FAULT CODE DISPLAY MODE on Page 3--->Then you can see what fault code/codes you are getting on Page 6 and Page 7: FAULT/ERROR CODES

Go into diagnostics and retrieve the fault codes, and clear them on Page 3:
2. To clear fault codes:
--->Turn cycle selector knob until the status LEDs flash ON and OFF or “cl” is displayed on 7-segment. (See figure 2, page 2).
--->Press and hold START button for 3 seconds to clear all fault codes. Press POWER to exit Service Diagnostic Mode.

This is very important since most complaints start with the lid lock on and blinking, or the unit will not start and/or spin.

If, when in diagnostics the codes are F7E1, F7E5, or motor speed codes, then chances are it is a motor, capacitor, or shifter related issue. Once the codes are cleared, put the washer into a manual diagnostic test and run the HEAVY AGITATION; if
after 15‐20 Seconds the motor runs then you can rule out the motor, capacitor, control, and most likely the wiring harness connections (although still check the BK wire from the shifter to the control). Remember, the timing wheel only turns in the
transmission during the spin cycle.

Next, while in Manual diagnostics, try to get the unit to spin; if the motor hums for a split second and then shuts down with the lid lock blinking; go back into diagnostic codes and look for shifter or speed sensor errors.

This is proof that the shifter/sensor assembly is the issue because the optical sensor is not reading the motor speed.

Here's the shift actuator for your model you can order here(Video Included):
WPW10006355 Shift Actuator

Let us know what you find.

Jake

aboone221995

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply, Jake. I did a rinse and spin cycle, and it did spin fast, but the clothes were still wet!! So I did a drain and spin cycle, and it worked as it should. I then put it on a normal wash cycle and it seemed to get stuck in the wash cycle again, and the clothes were soaked. I cut it off and did a drain and spin cycle and it worked fine. Any clue what needs replacing? Thanks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Is the water ALL draining out within 90 seconds? What I do is time it as soon as it starts draining, if the water flow is weak coming out of the drain hose, then you have a partial clog between the tub outlet port and the drain pump, or from the drain pump to/through the drain hose. Because if ALL the water is not draining within 90 seconds it can never do a fast final spin.

Time it with your phone's stop watch and see.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.