• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore Washer 110.92480200 How to take agitator apart to replace Dog Agits?

Lizzy

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
The Dog Agits part #8800400 on my Kenmore Washer 110.92480200 broke. All the videos I've seen on replacing them (such as this one:
) say to remove the bolt in the middle of the agitator, then the top part of the agitator just pops out.

We took the entire agitator out to replace the lint filter underneath the basket (we removed the entire basket). The agitator came out in one piece. How do we get it apart so we can replace the dog agits? This agitator does not have a softener dispenser.

Thanks,
Lizzy

Attachments

• image0 (2).jpeg
    image0 (2).jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0939.jpg
    IMG_0939.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 50

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Lizzy

Premium Member
Hi Jeff,

8800400 is the part number on the bag for the "dog agits" that the guy at the parts store gave me. He's been very helpful to me, but he's 1/2 hour away and the store is closed on weekends! The new ones look identical to the broken ones I took out of the agitator.

Thank you very much for the video! My son had suggested stepping on it and pulling it apart, but I was afraid to break it. Guess he was right!

I very much appreciate the assistance you've given me here and on other posts. You have been so helpful!

Lizzy

jeff1

Staff member

Lizzy

Premium Member
Hi Jeff,

is the diagram you posted for my exact model? It looks like mine, the video we watched showing how to replace the basket says "some models" have a washer and a spacer (items #14 and 6 in the diagram above). As I said, my son didn't take photos as he was disassembling this, but he says he didn't take those things off, and proof is that the video says "some models." We've looked through the basement for a couple of days (needed to be done, it's been too long since I swept down there!), the dog had knocked over the bowls that had the parts in them but if my model has the washer and spacer, we can't find it. I seem to remember watching him remove the spacer, but I might just be remembering all those videos I watched.

Thanks,
Lizzy

jeff1

Staff member
is the diagram you posted for my exact model?

Yes, come up using your model#.

"some models" have a washer and a spacer (items #14 and 6 in the diagram above).

That is correct, not all have those.

jeff sr.

Lizzy

Premium Member
Hello Jeff,

I hope this is my last question! I spent yesterday cleaning up the basement to make sure those two pieces hadn't rolled away when the dog knocked over the bowls the washer parts were in, and they aren't anywhere in the basement, so I am confident that our washer does not have those two parts.

BUT I found this strange thing underneath the washer (after we'd put the plastic and metal tubs back in and were about to put the cabinet on). I looked through all the diagrams for my washer and can't find a piece that looks like that, but the drawings aren't pristine so it's hard to be certain. The plastic looks and feels like the same type of plastic the tub is made out of, but we can't figure out where it might go. Does this look like a washing machine piece to you?

(BTW I love that an Ontarian is helping me! My father was from Alliston.)

Lizzy

Attachments

• image0 (6).jpeg
    image0 (6).jpeg
    367.1 KB · Views: 28
  • image1 (7).jpeg
    image1 (7).jpeg
    364.8 KB · Views: 28

jeff1

Staff member
That is a tube where the shipping pin would drop into when the washer was new and set up.
No worries and just throw that out.

My father was from Alliston

LOL...only in Canada eh ;)

jeff sr.

ApplianceBCS

Premium Member
Sometimes where the agitator breaks into 2 pieces is a pain to get part and you have you stand on them and pull like the dickens to get them apart. Many times of frustration with these models. Good ol' direct drives!

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.