• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore Washer 592-49347 - Help finding equivalent model number to research parts and manuals

Wiggler14

Premium Member
Model Number
592-49347
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I'm hoping someone on here can help me find some more info on my Kenmore front loader. I have tried searching using the Kenmore model but come up with basically nothing.
The model number shown on the machine is 592-49347. The 592 prefix suggests the machine is made by Samsung for Kenmore.
This is a model purchased in Canada

I have started tearing the machine down and one of the parts (door boot/bellow) has the part # DC64-02805A which is used in multiple Samsung machines.

The issue I'm having it that the tub is spinning in an elliptical motion and not circular. Things look ok so far but I suspect an arm on the spider is bent or broken or the shaft is bent causing the drum to rotate off centre.

2021-09-08 13.07.09.jpg
2021-09-08 13.37.55.jpg

Thanks
Brent

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I hate to throw cold water on your project, but its going to be almost impossible to locate parts for this machine since Sears is no longer in Canada anymore, and they are ALMOST DEAD here in the USA as well.

The issue I'm having it that the tub is spinning in an elliptical motion and not circular.
What does elliptical motion mean?

Make a video of it doing that and upload it here or upload the video to Youtube and post the Youtube link here. Or share your video per Google Drive, Dropbox, or Microsoft OneDrive and post the share link here.

Jake

Wiggler14

Premium Member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I see now, your tub looks out-of-round. Its going to cost you more money to buy a new tub than the machine is worth.

Do you agree Rick?

Time to go washer shopping.:)

Jake

Wiggler14

Premium Member
I figured as much :unsure:

I searched up the serial number for the matching dryer we have and again, basically nothing on it.

I just don't understand how a 6-7 yr old washer and dryer have no parts to search on the web and I get an invalid serial number whenever I search part sites.

It's like neither of the models existed!

I suspect one of the "spider" arms (if that is what the drum is attached to) has bent causing the drum to spin off centre but I'd really like to know if that "spider' is replaceable or have to get the whole drum. I'd also like an exploded diagram of the machine and possible a tear down video.
It all hinges on if there is a Samsung equivalent serial number.

At this point it seems futile

Brent

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I did a search trying to match the console to a Samsung washer. No dice. Not even close.
Snapshot_2.jpg

Sears sold the machine that was manufactured by a company in South Korea and put together in China. lol

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Wiggler14 said:
I just don't understand how a 6-7 yr old washer and dryer have no parts to search on the web and I get an invalid serial number whenever I search part sites.

It was made specifically for Sears Canada. Very little Canadian Sears parts lists are found online.

If you directly contact Samsung Canada they should be able to look up any part that is needed. Whether they'll supply a whole parts list for it I don't know.

G/L

Dan O.