• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED KENMORE washer 796.41072.311 No Hall (rotor position sensor) with LE code

Status
Not open for further replies.

callum

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated:
as post says this is a model that has no Hall sensor on the stator as some people have noted. Sears does not recognise that this model was made with NO sensor and it takes a different control board than is noted on the Sears site. I replaced the control board after finding the correct one that hooks up to all the wires. Throws LE code and wondering if there is any link with any other sensor or if the motor/stator are bad.
I have checked wires/connections/ stator looks good
The stator BTW is one where it has the tabs for the Hall sensor. For sure it came from the store with no Hall sensor or harness. Any idea on what is up with this, why they did this and what the mechanism is to trouble shoot this machine with an LE code error, new board and no sensor???

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I don't have the tech sheet for that particular model but the one I have for a similar model, 796.4102 shows a hall sensor. The parts breakdown show a hall sensor for your model:
lg-rotor-position-sensor-6501kw2002a-ap4440680_02_l.jpg

callum

Premium Member
Thanks...believe it or not this model truly does not have a hall sensor as sold by Sears. I have found several posts where this is the case and the online parts diagrams make no mention of this fact. I believe that the factory substituted boards with no Hall sensor and no one at Sears got the memo. In addition the control board for this model will not wok when ordered ..but a control board that will fit can be found. Basically there is no harness for the hall sensor and all load sensing is presumably done in another way. Only things I can think of are the water level sensor and maybe door sensor that could play a role. It is frustrating as Sears clearly does not know that these models were put out with no Hall sensor so it takes finding out in the field to try to rectify. Our appliance repair folks have not seen this and it took tracking down online to see that this is an issue.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I found it too along with Rick, the one Rick posted above, it makes no sense that it doesn't come with one.

You'll need to contact Sears tech. support to see what's going on.

Jake

Robert4

Premium Member
I see it as well, but I found this thread where another member said the same thing about the exact same model:

bigbuck

Appliance Tech
Staff member
These Kenmore LG Made Appliance can be hard to figure out what’s the right part is in some cases. I know on this model there are two different stators. One with the hall sensor and AJB73816005 Stator Assembly without. Seems like in this service manual you see both. Page 29 seems it is in this bundle of harness.

Attachments

• Kenmore LG 796.41072.311 Washer Service Manual MFL67307945.pdf
    16.3 MB · Views: 48

callum

Premium Member
Thanks Bigbuck! The manual is very helpful. It seems to me that with this model, the board the wiring harnesses and the motor are the only components related to the LE code. I will try the resets and double check connections. Then either call a Sears tech or try a new stator

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Thanks bb!
board the wiring harnesses and the motor are the only components related to the LE code.
Snapshot_2.jpg

The tech sheet has two pages dedicated to testing the hall sensor. That's weird you don't have one. Every year about this time the appliance gremlins show up. Maybe they took it. LOL

bigbuck

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I would find the part number for the harness as it moves around a lot. Not your model but good video.

callum

Premium Member
Big thanks to all. Hopefully saga solved. Found this burnout in the motor wire harness. Had to remove it from the machine to find it. And no surprise the harness number does not match this model… but thankfully the number is on the harness..ordered and fingers crossed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 13

callum

Premium Member
Well here’s the final chapter: fixed and running. The cable was the cause of the LE error and the board is indeed correct. I ordered a new stator just in case and will return it to Sears parts direct. Hopefully this helps someone in a similar situation. Thanks to all who posted and thanks to the forum for being there to get this info out in the public domain. I did ask a CSM online to let Sears know … but who knows about that

Status
Not open for further replies.