• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore Washer is Leaking Model 110.24692300

Klabiuk

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
I have a Sears Kenmore, Special Edition, top loading, washing machine. Not exactly sure of the age. We've noticed lately that the washer is leaking from the bottom back of the washing machine. Help! I've read a few threads about leaky Kenmore where @theripster mentions replacing the neutral pak. Could it be the direct drive water pump? Would that leak at the back? Could there be any other ideas? Where do you buy this neutral pak from?

We took apart the back panel to the washing machine to see better but having a hard time figuring out how to remove the back side.

I really don't want to have to get another washing machine as you can't control the water level like you can with these older ones.

Last edited:

Klabiuk

Premium Member
We were able to remove the metal casing from the control & back panel. The leak doesn't seem to be coming from the drive water pump as that is all the way at the front of the machine. This is just coming from the back end of the machine (and not from the outside). It's not a lot of water but would like to fix it. The plastic drum had a little bit of water on it but that could just be from jostling the machine a bit to remove the metal casing.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Rick posted the neutral pak in post #4 here:

You can't remove the back panel, you have to take the cabinet off to access the inside parts:

You will need to try to pinpoint exactly where that leak is coming from, get a flashlight or floodlight to see better underneath the washer.:)

Jake

Klabiuk

Premium Member
Ok I ran a load (or a few loads) and I’ll show a picture. The leak seems to be near the back middle/right. That’s where the majority of the water was. None in the front or the middle or back left (where the hose is that connects and leaves the washing machine).

Any ideas?
85D08C9C-2D83-4D57-8647-D9B39AC74DE3.jpeg
85D08C9C-2D83-4D57-8647-D9B39AC74DE3.jpeg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Nope, it can leak from many places, you will need to stay with the washer to pinpoint it.

Jake

Klabiuk

Premium Member
We have stayed to watch a few times and will see it start to leak but no way to figure out from where unless the back was removes which means disconnecting the circuit board but then the washer wouldn’t run. Unless you know a way? Really don’t want to buy a new washer as it’s unnecessary and the new ones don’t have the same features that the old ones do.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Did you remove the entire cabinet like I told you to? Then do a complete wash/rinse/drain/spin cycle to see where its leaking?

Jake

Klabiuk

Premium Member
We’ve watched a few loads and it looks like maybe the washing machine was t leveled properly. When then the back (which has the spout attachment) ended up a little too far away from the bowl the water splashed down the back of the machine and out some holes in the bottom (matching the same places as before). Not sure how we can get the bowl and the spout to be closer together but we have leveled it out better now.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad that fixed it. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake