Kenmore Washer Model #110.21252110 It leaves the clothes wet.

Max0411

Premium Member
Model
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Good afternoon

I have a Kenmore Washer Model 110.21252110. It leaves the clothes wet. Can you please help with this issue? It does spin but when Cycle complete the clothes are still wet.

Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Max,

What was the final outcome here: https://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/threads/69829-106-51173310-Kenmore-Side-by-side-refrigerator-making-beeping-noises Can you please update that thread so we can close it out, thanks.:)

Here's the tech. data sheet for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HKA2d9bIVnUbPoj1Lm3kaXLuAzNzwVdW

Put your machine in diagnostics and see what FAULT CODE you get and let us know.

It does spin but when Cycle complete the clothes are still wet.
If its spinning the clothes should be just damp, not wet. Can you wring water out of the clothes after spin?

Jake

Max0411

Premium Member
Hello

I will go ahead and run the diagnostics and let you know the results.

As for the clothes, yes, I can wring water out of them, not all but specially the ones at the bottom.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Got it Max! Thanks.

Yes, page 2 of your tech. data sheet do: ACTIVATING THE SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODES

Then do FAULT CODE DISPLAY MODE on Page 3

Then you can see what fault code you are getting on Page 6 and Page 7: FAULT/ERROR CODES

Does the basket turn freely both ways?

Are you hearing a odd noise when it starts to spin? Like its trying to get up to speed but can't?

Jake

Max0411

Premium Member
Hello

Ran diagnostics and gave me the following
F7E1 and F7E7.

Help ����

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
F7E1 – BASKET SPEED SENSOR FAULT

Go into diagnostics and retrieve the codes(WHICH YOU DID ALREADY), and clear them.

To clear fault codes:
--->Turn cycle selector knob until the status LEDs flash ON and OFF (see figure 2, page 2).
--->Press and hold the START button for 3 seconds to clear all fault codes and exit Fault Code Display Mode.

This is very important since most complaints start with the lid lock on and blinking, or the unit will not start and spin.

If, when in diagnostics the codes are F7E1, F7E5, or motor speed codes, then chances are it is a motor, capacitor, or shifter related issue. Once the codes are cleared, put the washer into a manual diagnostic test and run the HEAVY AGITATION; if
after 15‐20 Seconds the motor runs then you can rule out the motor, capacitor, control, and most likely the wiring harness connections (although still check the BK wire from the shifter to the control). Remember, the timing wheel only turns in the
transmission during the spin cycle.

Next, while in Manual diagnostics, try to get the unit to spin; if the motor hums for a split second and then shuts down with the lid lock blinking; go back into diagnostic codes and look for shifter or speed sensor errors.

This is proof that the shifter/sensor assembly is the issue because the optical sensor is not reading the motor speed.

Here's the shift actuator for your model you can order here(Video Included):
Shift Actuator WPW10006355

Let us know what you find.

Jake

Max0411

Premium Member
Hello

Will do that once I get home and let you know the results.

Thank you for all your help and advise.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Max, sounds good. Yes, let us know.

Jake

Max0411

Premium Member
Good morning

Ran Manual Diagnostics and when i did the High speed spin it worked once then I ran it again to make sure and it didn't start. Ran the diagnostics to check for the errors and it gave me F7E1.

Please advise

Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Max, Replace the shift actuator, that should fix it.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member