• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Kenmore Washer - Not finishing the spin cycle

mlindal

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Ok heres the deal.
Problem started with the washer not finishing the spin cycle. If you set it just to that cycle it would complete. Looking at the various info on the web I started looking into the lid lock switch. It was a 4 wire switch and not finding any info out there on that I opened up the switch mechanism itself to figure it out adn was un-able to probperly align the clip with the internal cam mechanism. Looking for a tech sheet inside the assembly i found none and could not find anything online. I put it back in best I could and tried it.

As soon as I started it I hear a pop, and figured a fuse blew somehwere. I ordered another switch and installed and looked for any fuses. Didnt find any which led me to believe it was the interface board, which I do not know how to check. Called appliance repair they cam out took the baord out flipped it over and found to places it was burnt. I then replaced the board and followed the calibration instructions provided. It said it takes 2-4 minutes but seemed to take about 10 before the lid lock light would clear. Kept messing with it and got spin cycle to advance to high speed but then basket started knocking around. Disaasembled and found 4 attachment points for springs and only two springs present. Went to hardware store and found 4 springs of proper length and strength and installed. Seemed to do the same thing. It would start knocking around and then stop mid cycle. Hearing the sloshing I took it apart and checked the pump for obstruction and found nothing. The basket appears to have a fluid filled balancer ring, but could not confrim with sears even on the new part. Everything else looks okay put back together and tried starting the cycle it advances to a certain point then stop with lid lock flashing as if there is an error.
Pulling my hair out I called a local sales/repair guy I know to see if he could find the Tech sheet for diagnostics mode and error designation. He could not find it 4 hrs later and put in a call to a distribution center for sears and was told by somebody he things very knowlegable that that model does not have a tech sheet but reccomneded changing out the motor agitator. I am not in the habit of changing out things that I cannot check first. I have already spent about 300 dollars on this and am loathe to throw any more money into it. Does anybody know if there is a tech sheet/manual that can help me diagnose this better?

Thanks

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

I found one for 110.26002010 & 110.26002011 but none for 110.26002012

I have posted both.

Hope they help.

jeff.

Attachments

• Tech Sheet - W10338674.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 913
  • Tech Sheet - W10240504(1).pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 798

mlindal

Premium Member
Jeff what is the best way to check these components while they are plugged in to the board. The connectors at work have open tops for easy diagnosing, not sure how to check these sealed connectors.

rickgburton

Staff member
Is the LED on the control board off or on?:
106.260 control LED.jpeg

Make sure washer is in standby mode, plugged in and all indicators off. Do the following sequence of movements using the cycle selector knob. Once you reset the cycle selector, you have 6 seconds to complete the sequence. Too fast or too slow and you may need to start over.

RESET- Rotate the cycle selector knob counterclockwise to clear the sequence.

1. Rotate the cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait ½ second.

2. Rotate the cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait ½ second

3. Rotate the cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait ½ second

4. Rotate the cycle selector knob counterclockwise one click and wait ½ second

5. Rotate the cycle selector knob clockwise one click.

If you were successful getting into test mode all the status LED’s will be flashing on and off in ½ second intervals.

Turn the cycle selector knob until just the SPIN status LED is lit and push START for the automatic test mode.

Turn the cycle selector knob until just the DONE status LED is lit and push START for error code display mode.

Push the POWER button to exit test mode.

mlindal

Premium Member
I am able to get into the diagnostics mode and have narrowed it down to motor/agitator. I am able to operate the components manually and the only place im am erroring out is on High Spin. I am following the troubleshooting for this. It says to plug in the connector, power up, and then take reading from 16(L1) and 16(N) while switching to the different cycles. Low Spin, Hi SPin, Gentle Agitation and Heavy.
My issue is the connectors are these Molex looking connector which make it difficult to get any kind of reading as I have standard probes on my meter. Talking to an electronics guy at work he told me to get the thin probes and pierce the insultation from the top making sure not to short circuit the board.
Does this sound right or is there a better way to get these voltage draws?

rickgburton

Staff member
Tape a couple straight pins to the test leads and then go in the back of the connectors.

mlindal

Premium Member
Still working on it but a big thanks to Jeff and Rick for the assistance they have given, I feel confident I can figure it out now and get it running. Again my thanks.

mlindal

Premium Member
Update, changed out the shifter W10006355. Ran but still had issues. Took off the belt guard for more diagnostics and the calibration actualled worked and it seems to be working now. Will leave guard off for now but think it was rubbing the shifter and throwing it off. Thanks all for your assistance!

jeff1

Staff member
Took off the belt guard for more diagnostics and the calibration actualled worked and it seems to be working now.

Odd!
Have seen some pulley bolts become loose.....a little lock tight helps but I have not seen any rubbing.
Hope it stays working for a while!

jeff.