• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Kenmore washer series 110.20222510 shutting off when reaches Rinse

Toe_Knee_

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Hello everyone. So my 2015 Kenmore washer has been shutting off when a cycle reaches Rinse. I ran the troubleshoot, it gave me the error code f7 e1 which indicated that I need a new actuator, which I had already had just installed a new one along with a new water pump. I ran the calibration mode it all modes cycled including spin and agitate. So then I tried the automatic and manual test to see if agitate and spin would work there and it did not. So I’m left a bit confused as to what it could be given that the only error code was something that I had already addressed and yet it still continues to not work. Any type of help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

99FEE845-A16A-433D-AB6D-CD4453EB15A0.jpeg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here's the tech. data sheet for your model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_VSk1cuHgkuPVOZYUPCZVccBNI6G6KQG/view?usp=sharing

Clear that F7E1 fault code and see if it gives you a new error code. Page 3 in FAULT CODE DISPLAY MODE:
2. To clear fault codes:
--->Turn cycle selector knob until the status LEDs flash ON and OFF (see figure 2, page 2).
--->Press and hold the START button for 3 seconds to clear all fault codes and exit Fault Code Display Mode.

So then I tried the automatic and manual test to see if agitate and spin would work there and it did not.
You have to make sure the lid is locked first before you do those tests.

Jake

Toe_Knee_

Premium Member
Ok so I cleared the error code and re-ran the test and no new error codes popped up. I always retried the manual test with lid locked (thanks for that tip by the way) and both low and high spin worked as well as both low and high agitate. It’s just when the wash cycles from wash to rinse is when things go haywire. Rinse will work for the first few seconds, as it try’s to fill the drum with new water and all of a sudden it stops, lid locks and rinse light stays blinking. Any idea what that could be?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It’s just when the wash cycles from wash to rinse is when things go haywire. Rinse will work for the first few seconds, as it try’s to fill the drum with new water and all of a sudden it stops, lid locks and rinse light stays blinking. Any idea what that could be?
Since Rinse uses COLD water only, that may be why. Is the COLD water coming out fast when it fills in Rinse? These machines are set on a TIMED fill and if it times out it can cause this issue your having.

To check the water inlet valve filter screens for clogs--->You will need to turn the water OFF to the machine, then remove the fill hoses and clean out the filter screens and see if that solves it.

Here's the water inlet valve for this model:
Water Inlet Valve W11210459

Jake

Toe_Knee_

Premium Member
Hey jake so I went ahead and removed the hoses from the inlet valves and they weren’t really dirty apart from a few little specs of dirt I’m assuming, cleaned that out. I also checked and cleaned out the outlet valves as well as the hoses just in case. I ran a wash cycle, and the problem was still there unfortunately.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Does the COLD water come out fast into the tub?

Do a Rinse and Spin cycle ONLY and see if you get this same problem.

Jake

Toe_Knee_

Premium Member
So I did the Manual test and the cold water does come out fast as well as the hot water. I also tried the Rinse/Spin cycle and it did the same as a normal cycle, will start to run for about 5 seconds, then completely shuts off.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Anytime!

Jake